Alpine Moose Lodge and Cookhouse 14
|Visit our Web site|
Stay at Lake City's most spacious rooms with spectacular views, cable TV, and coffee makers with complimentary coffee. Rooms have either two queens or one king bed. WiFi is available throughout our property.
ALPINE MOOSE Cookhouse 14: Down to earth, everyday food. We are open for lunch and dinner featuring a fine dining area as well as casual grill seating. Our Restaurant host's parties of 25+ folks celebrating life.
HIKING: Five 14,000+ feet peaks, many many hiking trails, beautiful day hikes in all directions. 97% Hinsdale County is national forest.
PATIO: Enjoy a drink or a meal while relaxing and taking in the incredible views.
OUTDOOR HEAVEN: Nestled deep in the San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado, Lake City is the largest National Historic District within Colorado. The area is an outdoor enthusiast's heaven with ATVing, Jeeping, snowmobiling, ice climbing park, gold and silver medal trout fishing, trophy elk and deer hunting, and trails for hiking and biking. Drive the Alpine Loop, drop into Silverton or Ouray for the day, be back by dinner. 5 minute drive to the Loop. You can drive ATVs and UTVs on all roads In Hinsdale County.
NO SMOKING. Bikers, ATVers and Jeepers welcome. Pet friendly units; there is a $15 fee.
YOUR HOSTS: New owners: Tracey and Michael Terry
LOCATION: Alpine Moose Lodge is within walking distance of downtown Lake City.
ADDRESS: 1221 North Highway 149, Lake City CO 81235
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 800-650-1221; 970-944-2415, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $110 to $120
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 4
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Air Conditioning: None.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 150
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 8700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 90
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 30
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 55 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 1 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 1 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: Walking distance.
- Art Gallery: Walking distance.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 1 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: Walking distance. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- Mine Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: Walking distance.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: Walking distance.
- Mini Golf: 3 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 66, 67, 76,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 7 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: Walking distance.
- Snowmobile Tours: Walking distance.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.