Antero Hot Springs Cabins
|Visit our Web site|
Legendary Colorado Relaxation Destination in Nathrop
Located in the heart of the fourteeners region, these historic creekside cabins were built in the early 1900's, and completely renovated in June 2004.
Antero Hot Springs' unique location between Mt Antero and Mt Princeton feels remote and exotic. Natural wetlands and a rushing creek surround the property, while Big Horn Sheep and Mountain Goats can be seen on nearby cliffs, while Deer and Elk regularly frequent the property. World-class fishing, biking, skiing and hiking are right outside your door.
Come relax and soak in your own private pool right next to Chalk Creek.
Antero Hot Springs features three unique cabins
Each cabin has a hand-shaped private hot spring pool just outside your door. These large soaking pools are fed by a nature hot spring water on the property. The water temperature varies from 102-112 degrees; each pool has a cold water valve to moderate the temperature. The mineral-rich water is incredibly rejuvenating and will soothe all those aches and pains and leave you very refreshed and inspired. The hot spring water is rich in minerals with NO smell!
The sinks and showers in the cabins provide naturally hot spring water 24 hours a day.
HORTENSE HOT SPRINGS CABIN
This rustic, creekside cabin will take you back in time, and is perfectly located for access to the Arkansas River Valley. Hortense is named after Hortense Hot Spring, just up the canyon from us -- the hottest natural spring in the state. Hortense has 3 bedrooms, a sitting porch, great room and fully equipped kitchens, original wood floors throughout. It is a quiet, peaceful and magical setting.
COTTONWOOD HOT SPRINGS CABIN
This is a 2 level cabin has a staircase that connects the upstairs living room and bedroom to downstairs kitchen, bath and bedroom. Kitchen and lower bedroom sit on a meadow for great wildlife viewing! The primary cabin used to be the old Cottonwood Lakes post office at the turn of the century. It was moved (by horse train) to its current location in the 1920s. The addition was built on site, as was the quartz fireplace. The aging owner, Alma Cowgill, hand-built the fireplace. Sleeps: 4 people.
CHALK CLIFFS HOT SPRINGS CHALET
The home has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and sleeps 10 people in comfort. Other amenities include: a fully equipped kitchen, wood fireplace, patio with BBQ grill and a big screen TV with VCR and movies. Fish out your backdoor in Chalk Creek or take a ride on your mountain bike into the adjacent national forest. Small weddings and family reunions are welcome.
The impressive Collegiate Range, lies to the west and abounds with hiking, mountain biking, ATVing and snowmobiling trails, and is riddled with ghost towns abandoned by gold miners.
These all-season cabins can be rented independently, or as a package.
Enjoy a nurturing therapeutic massage session in the privacy of your cabin or under the Cottonwood trees next to a rushing creek. Your massage will integrate Swedish, deep tissue, acupuncture, and cranial-sacral therapies to create a session that will leave you rejuvenated and relaxed.
A QUOTE FROM OUR GUEST BOOK
Unbelievable! We have been to every hot spring in the state, possible every one in the West,
and this is the best of all! Crystal clear hot water and a private mountain cabin . . . tranquillity!
- Rose, Manitou
Location of Antero Hot Springs Cabins
Minutes from Buena Vista; and 20 minutes from Salida in Nathrop Colorado just off the Collegiate Peaks Scenic Byway. Call for reservations: 719-539-8204.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $200 to $400
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 3
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 2
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Forested. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Wood Fireplace. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Spa Services: On-site for an additional fee, call for prices and availability.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Cable.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 40
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 80
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 20
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 25 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 3 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: On site.
- Family Hot Mineral Springs Pool: On-site.
- Private Use Hot Mineral Springs Pool: On-site.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool: Walking distance.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 48, 49, 481,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 40 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: 30 minutes drive.