Aspen Acres Campground, Inc.
|Visit our Web site|
Enjoy our quiet mountain atmosphere bordering San Isabel National Forest; sight-seeing, hiking, horseback trail rides, wagon-hay rides, and fishing makes Aspen Acres Campground a relaxing vacation destination.
WE ARE A FULL SERVICE RETREAT! Vacation away from town in a full RV hookup site in the trees, in a tent, or a cabin.
Our SLEEPER CABINS: provide you with a bunk bed and full bed, sheets are provided you bring the rest.
Our SWISS CHALET CABINS are tucked in the mountain with a queen bed on the bottom floor and a full sized futon in the loft.
OUTFITTER TENTS (GLAMPING): our outfitter tents are canvas, to keep you dry, out of the mud and have lots of room inside with zippered doors, windows and an elevated wood floor. There is a table and chairs in the cabins. Bring your own sleeping bag and pillow and enjoy a real camping experience.
CAMPGROUND AMENITIES: All guests are welcome to use our restrooms, showers, and recreation hall 24 hours a day. In addition to the beautiful setting, outdoor grill, table, and picnic area are provided at each unit. Camp store stocked with the basics.
Whether on foot, mountain bike, horse or motorcycle, trails stretch throughout the Forest, leading to many beautiful peaks and mountain valleys. We are 3 miles above Lake San Isabel (stocked annually by the State).
LOCATION: Alongside the Colorado Frontiers Pathway Scenic and Historic Byway, a 103 mile stretch that covers the beauty of South Central Colorado. 16561 Highway 165, Rye CO 81069.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-485-3275, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $59 to $175
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $354 to $1050
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 8
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/20 to 10/20
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $28 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $42 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2.5. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $2.5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $250.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $550.00 for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 51
- Tent Sites: 4
- Total Sites: 55
- Full Hookups: 51 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 25 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 10
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 51
- Elevation: 9200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Greenhorn Valley - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Phone: In common area.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 125
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 45
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 55
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 20 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Waterfall Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 84
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.