Acquired Tastes Rafting
|Visit our Web site|
Enjoy a Smaller, More Personal Rafting Experience
With Acquired Tastes Rafting
- Our Brown's Canyon Bonus Half-Day Rafting Trip includes 2 extra miles and 2 extra rapids.
- We raft 12 miles and do all eight of the major rapids in Brown's Canyon, including Seidel's Suckhole and Twin Falls, which are two of the best rapids on the river.
- The big production line rafting companies raft 10 miles and only do six of the major rapids on their half-day trips. They use the public takeout at Hecla Junction so they miss Seidel's Suckhole and Twin Falls.
- Acquired Tastes uses a private takeout so we include all eight of the major rapids plus all of the intermediate and smaller rapids in Brown's Canyon. We give you the most rapids for your money!
- Our guides do only one trip per day so they focus on giving you a higher quality rafting experience.
- Other rafting companies do two half-day trips per day with the same boat and the same guide.
- Acquired Taste has provided safe, fun, exciting whitewater adventures on the Arkansas River under the same ownership since 1986.
- We use self-bailing rafts with foot cones glued to the floor for added safety and security. We use both 13-foot and 14-foot boats. This allows us to use the size boat which best suits the water conditions and the number of people in your group.
BROWN'S CANYON on the ARKANSAS RIVER
- The Arkansas River is the number one whitewater rafting river in Colorado. Brown's Canyon is the most popular section of the Arkansas River.
- Our trips go through Brown's Canyon National Monument so you will experience spectacular scenery AND fantastic rapids. Acquired Tastes offers you the longest Brown's Canyon half-day rafting trip with the most rapids and the most time on the water.
PRIVATE TAKEOUT AND CAMPING
- We take out on private property. This allows us do all of the rapids in Brown's Canyon and come off the water while our customers are still excited and having a good time. Other rafting companies use the public takeouts. They miss the last two major rapids on their half-day trips and add two miles of slow water to the end of their full-day trips.
- On our deluxe two-day trips, we camp on private property in a beautiful, secluded spot adjoining our takeout for our Brown's Canyon trips. We offer you a better camping experience for less money than companies that carry their camping gear on their rafts and camp on public land in Brown's Canyon.
EXPERIENCE THE ACQUIRED TASTES DIFFERENCE
-There is a saying that 'the finer things in life are acquired tastes'. When Chuck and Judy Huggs founded Acquired Tastes Rafting in 1986, their goal was to build a company based on providing a higher quality rafting experience. They wanted Acquired Tastes Rafting to be one of the 'finer things in life'. We invite you to get away from production line rafting and experience the Acquired Tastes difference.
LOCATION: At Johnson Village, behind Gunsmoke Travel Plaza; 12918 Hwy 24/285, Buena Vista CO 81211.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 800-888-8582.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Elevation: 7965 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Denver Area - North Central, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/19 to 8/15
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.