Avalanche Ranch: Cabins and Hot Springs Along the Crystal River
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
|Avalanche Ranch: Cabins and Hot Springs Along the Crystal River Location Map|
Nestled in the Scenic Rocky Mountains near Redstone, Colorado
Avalanche Ranch is located at 6,800 feet in the heart of Colorado's Rocky Mountains along the Crystal River. Across the river a lush valley opens up where Avalanche Creek flows into Crystal, surrounded by forest and wilderness.
Mt. Sopris towers above at 12,953 feet offering a spectacular picture postcard setting! This expansive view from your cabin will frame an image to cherish for a lifetime. Avalanche Ranch is truly a timeless place offering beauty and peace of an earlier era.
You have access to private riverfront with some of the best Colorado fishing and miles of hiking and biking trails. The historic towns of Redstone, Marble, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and Aspen are nearby offering fine restaurants, cultural events and shopping.
AVALANCHE RANCH IS A VACATION DESTINATION
NATURAL HOT SPRING POOLS: Three Tiered Pools On-Site
Designed around the natural landscape and rock formations of our dramatic Crystal River Valley, we have 3 hot springs pools in a tiered layout. CASCADING FROM ONE POOL TO THE NEXT, each Colorado natural hot spring is situated at a level that provides limited visibility from one to the next. The 3rd, and largest pool, is fed by a 3-foot waterfall forming a warm screen of water in front of a rock grotto.
The three Colorado hot springs pools accommodate 15 to 20 people and plans include year-round availability to cabin guests and some paid public access.
MOUNTAINSIDE VENUES: Weddings, Reunions, Events
Avalanche Ranch provides the option to rent out our hot springs lodging property for your wedding, family reunion or group. You and your guests can all stay in one place and enjoy the Rocky Mountains together. With the Colorado Rocky Mountains as a backdrop and an outdoor country party theme, an event at Avalanche Ranch becomes a celebration of nature, family, friends, and love.
LET US HANDLE THE SETUP: Tents, picnic tables, chairs. Use our list of local vendors: caterers, musicians, florists, and party rental companies.
Avalanche Ranch can host your event of up to 75 PEOPLE OUTSIDE under tents; or 25 PEOPLE INSIDE our event venue.
WINTER and SUMMER: relaxing, skiing, rafting, fly-fishing, hiking, horseback riding, hunting
We provide a couple of mountain bikes, kids fishing rods and plenty of sleds (for our snow hill) and snowshoes for all ages.
IN SUMMER: Our small pond offers swimming, premier views, solitude, a canoe to float in the moonlight, and paddle boats for your first boating or fishing experience with the kids, or a snooze in the hammock. Horseshoe pits are close to the cabins, as well as the kid's cabin, tree house, sandbox, swing, tetherball, a sand competition-size volleyball court, and games to engage the children. A large eight-person hot tub/spa will soothe your body and top off your perfect day. Evenings, we gather 'round the campfire a couple nights a week for singing, cajoling and s'mores.
WE LOVE ANIMALS AND WELCOME YOUR PETS.
Entertaining us daily are several resident animals: Alex the llama, Tony the donkey, Sailor the goat, the hummingbirds and . . . . . .
SUMMER ACTIVITIES: Extensive hiking, road and mountain biking, 4 wheelin', rock-climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, fish our half mile of private Crystal River access. Enjoy the natural Penney hot springs nearby in the river.
IN WINTER: We sled, tube and luge! You might happen upon an occasional bonfire with hot drinks, or a snowman in progress! Snowshoes for all ages are plentiful, so grab a pair and go for winter hikes. Check our Web site (click on the link) for special events and on-line specials . . . . . . . . .
HOLIDAYS ARE MOST FESTIVE SO RESERVE EARLY.
WINTER ACTIVITIES: Snowshoeing, XC skiing (2 free areas with set track, 20 minutes), downhill skiing (40 miles to Aspen's 4 areas and Sunlight Mountain), snowmobiling, ice climbing, sledding, sleigh rides, dog sled tours, snowcat ski tours, fishing and natural hot springs in the river. XC skis can be rented in Redstone, 5 miles away.
13 Tasteful Log Cabins, 1-3 Bedroom House, 4 Cozy Shepherd Wagons.
RANCH ACCOMMODATIONS: 13 cozy log cabins, fully furnished (even with coffee, herbal teas and hot chocolate) that range in size from a studio to 2-bedrooms and loft, plus a spacious 3-bedroom Ranch house that sleeps 10. Built in the 1950's and since renovated, each cabin has a different decor, and some have woodstoves, claw foot tubs and lofts.
GLAMPING! Glamping is glamorous camping: Our wagons are close to the hot springs with full size bed, propane heater, fan, coffee maker, towels. PLEASE NOTE: Limited Privacy; restrooms and showers are available at the hot springs.
Attention to detail, quality, cleanliness and warmth is what we hear most from our guests. All the cabins and the Ranch house have full kitchens and baths, private yards with BBQ grill/picnic table. The Ranch house has a gas grill and private back deck.
The original 1913 homestead house is now the owner's residence/office and Antiques Shop, offering quality and authenticity in its wide variety of antique furnishing, as well as clothing customized with the Avalanche Ranch logo and unique gifts for you and your pet.
GUEST AMENITIES: There is NO additional charge for firewood, snowshoes, mountain bikes, canoe and paddle boats, videos, and the home baked cookies served upon your arrival!
THE COMMON LODGE IS OPEN TO ALL GUESTS: Telephone, TV/VCR, videos, games, ping-pong table, books and reading materials are available 24 hours. Special occasions, weddings, family reunions and meetings are most successful in this setting and receive the closest attention to detail.
Located Between Aspen and Glenwood, near Marble, Along the Crystal River
LOCATION: In the Crystal River Valley between Aspen and Glenwood Springs; 12863 Highway 133, Redstone CO 81623.
For Current Rates And Availability; To Make Your Reservations: Toll-Free 877-963-9339; 970-963-2846; mention The Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $85 to $465
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 13
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 5
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 3
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment. snowshoes.
- Number of Channels: 5
- Internet Access in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 6800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Aspen & Snowmass Village - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Crystal River Valley - Northwest, Colorado
- Region: Glenwood Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: On site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 100
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 25
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 120
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 74
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: On site.
- Family Hot Mineral Springs Pool: On-site.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 1 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 43, 521, 47, 444,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: On site.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.
- Sleigh Rides: 5 minutes drive.