KOA Grand Junction -- Western Colorado
|Visit our Web site koa.com/campgrounds/grand-junction/|
CAMPING AT GRAND JUNCTION KOA HAS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
NEWS FLASH! We have just added 2 new studio lodges with kitchenette and full bath.
RV RESORT IS ON 7 ACRES: Stay in a level, well shaded by tall trees, full hookup RV site. BIG RIGS welcome -- we have long pull thrus! FREE Cable TV and WI-FI available at all sites. Separate area for tents, plus KOA Kamper Kabins.
AMENITIES: WI-FI at all sites! Modem, fax, MayTag laundry, clean tiled showers, outdoor pool (in season), and LP gas are all here at your full service KOA.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: Between the high desert of Colorado National Monument and the tree-shaded lakes of the Grand Mesa, The area features hiking trails, fishing, ATV and wildlife moose, elk and deer. Be sure to explore the historic Rim Rock Drive; beginning 4-miles south of Grand Junction, this 23-mile drive takes you through the Park's gates and winds up to the top of the Uncompahgre Plateau. Along the way, plaques explain the development of the amazing geological features. REMEMBER THE PICNIC LUNCH AND CAMERA!
RATES: Daily, weekly, and monthly. Clubs and groups welcome.
LOCATION: We are right next to the Fairgrounds on Highway 50 south of Grand Junction; 2819 Highway 50, Grand Junction CO 81503. From I-70 (exit 37), go 1 mile to Highway 141 (2nd stop light), then 5 miles south on Highway 141, then right on US 50 for 3-1/2 miles northwest (U-turn at Fairgrounds entrance).
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 800-562-1510, 970-242-2527.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $59 to $100
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 6
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $31 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $40 to $58 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $4. Kids free under the age of 7. Kids: $4.
- RV Sites: 75
- Tent Sites: 4
- Total Sites: 79
- Full Hookups: 73 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 70 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 34 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 39
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 73
- Winterized Sites: 73
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 4496 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Junction - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 2 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 45 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 20 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 5 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 32, 40, 41, 60,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 15 minutes drive.