Blue Mesa Fishing - Guided Lake and Fly-Fishing
|Visit our Web site www.bluemesafishing.com|
A First Class Experience You'll Never Forget!
No need to bring any fishing gear!
Blue Mesa Reservoir is Colorado's largest body of water and home to Colorado's largest population of Kokanee "land locked" Salmon.
We provide Trolling and Jigging for Kokanee Salmon, trophy brown trout, trophy rainbow trout, and Lake Trout. In winter we offer Guided Ice Fishing trips. Why wait a lifetime to catch your trophy fish when Blue Mesa Fishing Guides can help you today.
Remember to bring: sun block, a light lunch, a fishing license for anyone 16 and older and beverages (cold or hot depending on the season). The boat will have a cooler. Blue Mesa weather can be rainy and warm, or cold in the morning and hotter than a smoked kokanee in the afternoon.
KOKANEE JIGGING full day (August 1st to Mid-September) This is the most sought after fishing window of the year!
LAKE TROUT FISHING full day (April to Mid-May) Be prepared to fish all day until we land your trophy. This is trophy trout fishing- catching the lake trout of a lifetime. At Blue Mesa the state record gets broken nearly every year! You will have a chance to land a trophy, be videoed and photographed with a fish of your lifetime. Generally caught on these trips are native Colorado Lake Trout 20 pounds and better! This is a full day.
KOKANEE TROLLING full day and 1/2 day (Mid-May to September):
FLY FISHING the Gunnison River Inlet, The Lake Fork of the Gunnison River and Cebolla Creek.
Your guide will outfit you with the hatch of the day, instruction and any other help such as netting fish and taking pictures. Most fish will be released to protect the populations of trophy and soon-to-be trophy trout that live and migrate in the Gunnison River. Exceptions will be made for smaller fish that make a great dinner.
FLY FISHING LAKE FORK of the Gunnison or Cebolla Creek traveling by boat full day (May to October)
ICE FISHING (Mid-December to Late March - snowmobiles included)
It's cold, and dark and icy! But the bite can be red hot with trophy fish swimming right under your feet! Sometimes we will simply walk to the fishing grounds and other times we will take snowmobiles out to distant hot spots. Stay warm in our State of the art huts using heaters and fish finders to fin and move to the activity under the ice! These trips are usually 6 hour trips with peak activity occurring 8am to 11am.
CONTACT Robby - Your personal Fishing Tour Guide: 719-649-3378.
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Crested Butte - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 12
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- National Park OR Monument: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Ice Fishing: On site.