2013 RODEO SEASON - 113th Annual Cattlemen's Days Rodeo in Gunnison at the Fred R. Field Western Heritage Center, located one block south of Highway 50 in Gunnison, behind the Safeway.
For more than a century, the Gunnison Valley has celebrated its western way of life with annual demonstrations of roping, racing and riding skills. This annual get-together of local cowboys and cowgirls is a PRCA event that attracts the world's top cowboys, the best livestock from across the country, and much more.
Cattlemen's Days features a county fair, parade, carnival, live music and dancing, horse shows, cow pie bingo, horse races, and of course rodeo events sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA).
- Saturday July 6th, Cattlemen's Days Kickoff Dinner and Dance Everyone's Invited/ Fred R. Field Heritage Center
- Sunday, July 7th Cattlemen's Days 4-H Horse Show
- Monday, July 8th Cattlemen's Days Open Horse Show
- Tuesday, July 9th Cattlemen's Days 4-H Fiber Sheep/Goat Show, Cowboy Poetry @ Fred Field Heritage Center and "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" concert
- Wednesday, July 10th Cattlemen's Days 4-H Rabbit and Poultry Show, Watershed Team Roping and Barrel Racing, Evening Carnival At The Rodeo Grounds
- Thursday, July 11th Cattlemen's Days Rodeo will be "Tough Enough to Wear Pink Night" at the PRCA Rodeo. During the day: 4-H Swine Show and Open Showmanship, 4-H Sheep Show and Open Showmanship, The famous TETWP Sponsorship pre Rodeo Party, TETWP Post Rodeo Dance and the Evening Carnival at The Rodeo Grounds.
- Friday, July 12th Cattlemen's Days Rodeo will be "Patriot Night" at the PRCA Evening Rodeo. During the day: 4-H Market Goat Show, 4-H Beef Show and Adult Showmanship, 4-H Round Robin Showmanship, Dance at The Elks Lodge and the Evening Carnival at The Rodeo Grounds.
- Saturday, July 13th Cattlemen's Days Rodeo will be "Family Night" at the PRCA Evening Rodeo -- Kids 10 and under free with paid adult general admission. Bring a non-perishable food item to the gate for the Gunnison Country Food Pantry. During the day: Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, Cattlemen's Days Parade, 4-H Livestock Buyers BBQ, 4-H Awards and Scholarship Presentation, 4-H Junior Livestock Auction.
- Sunday, July 14th Cattlemen's Days Cowboy Church Services-Rodeo Grounds and the Horse Race Meet and Bull Riding Futurity.
PRICES: Tickets go on sale July 5, at the Cattlemen's Days ticket booth located at Gunnison Bank & Trust. Tickets also can be purchased at the door and cost $15 for general admission and $20 for reserved grandstand seating. Each child under 12 accompanied by a paid adult is free (general admission) and $5.00 for a grandstand seat.
|Visit our Web site|
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Map Location:
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 7/6 to 7/15