This is the "Granddaddy of Colorado Rodeos"
Staged PRCA Event that Attracts Competitors from
Around the Country
2014 RODEO SEASON - 114th Annual Cattlemen's Days Rodeo in Gunnison at the Fred R. Field Western Heritage Center, located one block south of Highway 50 in Gunnison, behind the Safeway.
For more than a century, the Gunnison Valley has celebrated its western way of life with annual demonstrations of roping, racing and riding skills. This annual get-together of local cowboys and cowgirls is a PRCA event that attracts the world's top cowboys, the best livestock from across the country, and much more.
Cattlemen's Days features a county fair, parade, carnival, live music and dancing, horse shows, horse races, and of course rodeo events sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA).
- Saturday, July 5th Cattlemen's Days 4-H Horse Show
- Sunday, July 6th Cattlemen's Days Open Horse Show
- Monday, July 7th Cattlemen's Days 4-H Project Judging and Interviews, 4-H Dog Obedience Show, Cowboy Poetry @ The Gunnison Arts Center, 4-H Project Review and Baked Goods Auction
- Tuesday, July 8th 4-H Fiber Sheep and Fiber/Dairy Goat Show, Cowboy Poetry @ Fred Field Heritage Center, TETWP Live/Silent Auction and Concert
- Wednesday, July 9th 4-H Rabbit and Poultry Show, Watershed Team Roping and Barrel Racing, Auction, and Evening Carnival At The Rodeo Grounds
- Thursday, July 10th Cattlemen's Days Rodeo will be "Tough Enough To Wear Pink Rodeo" at the PRCA Rodeo, 4-H Sheep Show and Open Showmanship, Pioneer Banquet At The Elks Lodge, TETWPO Post Rodeo Dance and the Evening Carnival at The Rodeo Grounds.
- Friday, July 11th Cattlemen's Days Rodeo will be "Patriot Night" at the PRCA Evening Rodeo, 4-H Market Goat Show, Cattle Show and Adult Showmanship, Dance at The Elks Lodge, and Carnival at the Rodeo Grounds.
- Saturday, July 12th Cattlemen's Days Rodeo will be "Family Night" at the PRCA Evening Rodeo -- Kids 12 and under free with paid adult general admission. Bring a non-perishable food item to the gate for the Gunnison Country Food Pantry. During the day: Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, Cattlemen's Days Parade, 4-H Livestock Buyers BBQ, 4-H Awards and Scholarship Presentation, 4-H Junior Livestock Auction, Dance, and Carnival.
- Sunday, July 13th Cattlemen's Days Cowboy Church Services-Rodeo Grounds and the Horse Race Meet.
Tickets go on sale July 5, at the Cattlemen's Days ticket booth located at Gunnison Bank & Trust. Tickets also can be purchased at the door and cost $15 for general admission and $20 for reserved grandstand seating. Each child under 12 accompanied by a paid adult is free (general admission) and $5.00 for a grandstand seat.
At the Fred R. Field Western Heritage Center, one block south of Highway 50, behind the Safeway. 275 South Spruce Street, Gunnison CO 81230.
For a brochure containing the complete schedule of Cattlemen's Days events or for more information, contact the Gunnison County Chamber of Commerce at 800-274-7580.
|Visit our Web site|
- Elevation: 7800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 7/10 to 7/12