Cabins at Chalk Creek
|Email Cabins at Chalk Creek Directly|
|Visit our Web site www.cabinsatchalkcreek.com|
Modern log housekeeping cabins (bring your own linens) with fully equipped kitchens and bathrooms near Mt Princeton Hot Springs. This Mountain paradise surrounded by the San Isabel National forest is located at 8500' elevation in Chalk Creek Canyon between Mt. Antero and Mt. Princeton.
Cabins at Chalk Creek has two trout lakes within one mile. A trout stream runs behind the cabins. Scenic and float fishing trips are available. Close to the quaint towns of Buena Vista and Salida. Close to: horseback riding, hiking, fishing, golfing, rafting, kayaking, 4 wheeling, alpine & cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and hunting.
We are a two hour drive from Denver and Colorado Springs.
LOCATION: 6 miles South of Buena Vista, then 8 miles West on County Road 162. 18721 County Road 162, Nathrop CO 81236.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-395-2366; 719-221-4972.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 12/1
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $80 to $150
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: Some non smoking units. Smoking units available.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 2
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Units with TV: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Elevation: 8500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Phone: In common area.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 20
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 15 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 56, 481, 57,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.