Chalk Creek Campground, Cottages and RV Park
|Visit our Web site|
In Nathrop, Colorado -- Experience the Very Best Camping!
BACK TO NATURE -- Trees, Grass, Creek , Starry Nights with FREE WiFi
This campground is the only private one in the Buena Vista area that has some RV and tent sites right on Chalk Creek and under Cottonwood trees.
- We are the HIGHEST RATED PARK in the area.
- All RV sites have electricity, some are FULL HOOKUPS -- 30/50 amp.
- Some TENT SITES are on our GRASS MEADOW.
- The main GROUP TENT AREA is right on Chalk Creek.
- FREE WiFi.
ALL ARE WELCOME! Grassy Meadow or Creekside RV and Tent Sites
COLORADO CAMPING: Let a campfire at night warm you while you lean back and count the stars above. Awesome mountain views during the day. Children will enjoy the swingset and slide and playing in the Creek. The campground store has gifts, ice and wood and sundry items.
Spacious Mountain Cottages for those without a Tent or RV
MOUNTAIN COTTAGES: Cottages are available for those without an RV or tent. Enjoy awesome views of Mt. Antero and Aspen Ridge from your porch. These cozy cottages are complete with kitchen, restroom/shower and sleep up to six people. Mom & Dad have their own bedroom; the kids get the bunk beds, while the grandparents sleep on the hide-a-bed! The porch offers a sitting area, gas grill and mountain views!
A Wonderful Base Camp for Your Family -- Chalk Creek Campground, Cottages and RV Park
ON-SITE: Don't forget to try a memorable whitewater raft trip down the Arkansas River with one of the numerous outfitters nearby. Fish right on the Chalk Creek or in nearby lakes and rivers. Birders bring your cameras for humming birds, eagles, egrets, blue heron and more.
For relaxation try one of the numerous, natural hot springs that are a unique part of any visit to the Buena Vista area. We are only 7 minutes to Mount Princeton Hot Springs; we sell discounted tickets!
We are the closest commercial campground to famous St. Elmo Ghost Town and Jeep, ATV and Trail Bike off-roading area. We have a large parking area for Jeeps, ATV and Trail Bike trailers.
Your well-behaved dogs are welcome. First two dogs are included in the cost of your reservation. Additional dogs $5 each, per night.
LOCATION of Chalk Creek Campground, Mountain Cottages and RV Park in Nathrop Colorado is Along US Highway 285 between Buena Vista and Salida, Colorado
GPS COORDINATES: 38°44'34.572" N 106°04'51.012" W
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: 18 miles north of Salida, 7 miles south of Buena Vista, on US Highway 285, near milepost marker 143.
ADDRESS: 11430 County Road 197, Nathrop CO 81236
Jeremy & Meghan Barker welcomes you.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-395-8301, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/6 to 10/27
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $150 to $185
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $900 to $1110
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/6 to 10/27
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $35 to $50 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $45 to $70 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 7. Kids: $5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $270.00 to $420.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: Range from $750.00 to $900.00 for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 57
- Tent Sites: 22
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 79
- Electric Hookups: 28 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 29 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 2 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 29 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 18 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 18
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 57
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 7717 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 10 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 18
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 20
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: Walking distance.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 20 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: Walking distance.
- Tourist Train Rides: 45 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 25 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 49, 56, 57, 481