Chinook Lodge: Cabins and RV Park
|Visit our Web site www.chinooklodge.net|
OPEN YEAR ROUND -- A Vacation Resort! Chinook Lodge is in South Fork Colorado with 100 years of happy vacationers; known for our Rustic Rocky Mountain appeal. Our cabins are modernized, yet we have kept their rustic charm. In early 1900s Chinook was a camp for saw mill workers and became a lodging business in 1908.
OUR LOG CABINS: 9 cabins nestled amongst 50 year old Blue Spruce Pine Trees. Each log cabin sleeps from 2-10 people, and has a bathroom with shower or tub. CABIN AMENITIES: Native rock fireplace, satellite TV, FREE WI-FI, a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, basic cooking and eating utensils; plus outside grill and picnic table.
2016 -- NEW QUEEN BEDS IN 8 OF OUR CABINS - NEW FLAT SCREEN TVs IN ALL CABINS!
OUR RV SITES: Our RV sites are off the beaten path and you have a beautiful view of South Fork, Colorado. Your Big RIG will fit easily in our full hookup RV sites with 30/50amp service. One site has its own firepit for that special ambiance. A shower house and laundry facility is available for your convenience.
There is a community firepit for all to enjoy. We have more than enough parking for your trailers, ATVs and snowmobiles. after a day of adventure relax in our Indoor hot tub.
VIP PET SERVICES: We will provide special linens to cover the furniture so your pet may sit, or sleep on the furniture. Pets must have all vaccinations up to date.
CHINOOK GIFT SHOP: You'll find unique coffee mugs and honey pots that were hand-made by a college student in Alamosa -- Adams State College. Come see our T-shirts (short and long sleeve) for women, men and kids. Hoodies are available in adult sizes.
NEW OWNER, WELCOMES YOU: Robby and Kandy Owen.
LOCATION: East edge of South Fork on south side of US Highway 160. 29666 West Hwy 160, South Fork CO 81154.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-873-1707; 888-890-9110.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $70 to $155
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 7
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities: 2
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 7
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 50
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 11/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Camping Rates: $28 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $155.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $355.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 18
- Total Sites: 18
- Full Hookups: 18 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 10 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 15 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 2
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 16
- Elevation: 8200 feet above sea level.
- Region: South Fork Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Lunch.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Phone: In common area.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 3 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 15
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 45
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 45
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 45
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 18
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 1 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 1 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 3 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 8 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 2 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 3 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 35 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 76, 79, 80,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: 10 minutes drive.