Lathrop State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Colorado's first state park is nestled in the shadow of the legendary Spanish Peaks; Lathrop State Park's gentle climate, clear air, beautiful campsites, excellent fishing, water skiing and great views of the nearby mountain ranges lure Colorado travelers year round.
Near Walsenburg, Lathrop is 1,594 acres of recreational enjoyment. The park has two lakes, Martin Lake and Horseshoe Lake, which offer a variety of boating and angling opportunities. The 9-hole golf course is a popular attraction.
Stop by the Lathrop Visitors Center for a look at artists' murals showcasing the area's rich history and heritage, and information about the surrounding area.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Lathrop State Park, 70 County Rd 502, Walsenburg CO 81089.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-738-2376.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/19 to 10/16
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 82
- Tent Sites: 21
- Total Sites: 103
- Electric Hookups: 82 sites with electric only.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 82 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 82 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 82
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 82
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 24
- Elevation: 6400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Walsenburg - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Restaurant: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: On site.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 84, 85, 128, 133
- Ice Fishing: 30 minutes drive.