Navajo State Park
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Navajo State Park is Colorado's answer to Lake Powell. This 15,000 surface-acre reservoir extends for 20 miles south into New Mexico. Fish for record-size northern pike or catfish in open waters without crowds. Camp on your boat or enjoy beautiful lake view camping. Explore three major rivers and sail or water-ski on open waters. Boat slips and moorings available for rent, as well as pontoon boats.
Some campsites are open year-around: the camper service buildings are winterized in the Rosa and Tiffany Areas; other parts of the Park have winter closures. Please call the Park directly for details.
Take advantage of the opportunity to see wildlife such as foxes, deer, grouse and turkeys in the midst of one of Colorado's most historic and scenic areas. Explore the areas interesting artifacts of the Anasazi Indians at the Visitor Center in a setting rich in local history.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Navajo State Park, 1526 County Road 982, Arboles CO 81121.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-883-2208.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- RV Sites: 104
- Tent Sites: 14
- Total Sites: 137
- Electric Hookups: 40 sites with electric only.
- Full Hookups: 40 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Winterized Sites: 97
- Elevation: 6100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Navajo Lake - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- State Parks: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.