North Sterling State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Majestic bluffs and expansive views of the high plains greet vacationers to North Sterling State Park, 12 miles northwest of Sterling. This boater's paradise offers 3,000 acres of pristine waters, providing an array of coves and fingers to explore from May to September.
Modern facilities are located nearby and support a wide variety of recreational activities including geo-caching, swimming, sail boarding, jet skiing and water-skiing. A centrally located camper services building offers a meeting room, flush restrooms, coin-operated showers, and laundry from April to October.
Elk Campground and Inlet Grove Campground have developed campsites with 30-amp hookups, shade shelters, picnic tables, and firepits. Chimney View Campground (new 2013) only offers basic non-electric campsites but are pull-thru. Elk Campground is open all year. Chimney View and Inlet Grove Campgrounds are closed in winter.
Saturday Night Campfire Programs are offered from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day. Different nature program are offered by a naturalist, ranger, or other field expert at the park's outdoor amphitheater near Inlet Grove Campground.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: North Sterling State Park, 24005 County Road 330, Sterling CO 80751.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-522-3657.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 97
- Tent Sites: 44
- Total Sites: 141
- Electric Hookups: 97 sites with electric only.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 126
- Winterized Sites: 50
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 4065 feet above sea level.
- Region: Sterling - Eastern, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 228
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- State Parks: On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Ice Fishing: On site.