Paonia State Park
|Visit our Web site|
Plunge deep into nature at this narrow lake state park. Steep mountainsides, pristine water, alpine scenery and a peaceful environment make Paonia a haven for water and nature lovers.
Camp near a babbling stream and water-ski on a mountain reservoir in view of the majestic Ragged Mountains at Paonia State Park. Steep mountainsides give this lake an alpine flavor. Paonia features great scenery, boating, water-skiing, wildflowers and camping.
All campsites have a picnic table, a fire ring and nearby vault toilets. Please bring your own drinking water when visiting Paonia as there is no drinking water.
The park's natural beauty and abundance of wildflowers make it a "must see" for photographers and nature lovers.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Paonia State Park, 40468 Highway 92, Crawford CO 81415.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-921-5721.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 9/30
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Sites: 13
- Total Sites: 13
- Elevation: 6500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Crawford - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- State Parks: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.