San Luis State Park
719-378-2020 or 719-738-2376
|Visit our Web site|
In the shadow of the Great Sand Dunes National Monument, is peaceful San Luis State Park and Wildlife Area.
This unique desert area includes approximately nine miles of easy, level hiking and biking trails. Waterfowl, shorebirds, songbirds and raptors fill the sky over this outstanding watchable wildlife area most of the year. In addition, big game such as deer and elk can be seen roaming the surrounding ranch land. Bison are found at the nearby Rocky Mountain Bison Ranch.
San Luis State Park features a modern campground with showers and electricity, fishing, wind-surfing, boating, water skiing, picnicking and photographic opportunities. The park is located just 15 minutes west of the Great Sand Dunes on the Los Caminos Antiguos Scenic and Historic Byway.
Please note that water activities are dependent on water level, check with the park before your visit.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: San Luis State Park, 15572 6 Mile Lane, Mosca CO 81146.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-378-2020.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/1
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 51
- Tent Sites: 51
- Total Sites: 51
- Electric Hookups: 51 sites with electric only.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 51
- Elevation: 7525 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- National Park OR Monument: 15 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Waterfall Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 82,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.