Stagecoach State Park
|Visit our Web site|
In the flourishing Yampa Valley south of Steamboat Springs, Stagecoach State Park offers vacationers a wonderful area to enjoy Colorado's outdoors. The park is centered around an 820-acre reservoir with a full-service marina.
Make this Park your base-camp for exploring nearby Flattops Wilderness, Sarvis Creek Wilderness and Blacktail Mountain with its' beautiful mountain setting away from city crowds and traffic. Enjoy an unlimited array of activities: boating, fishing, swimming, water-skiing, sail-boarding and volleyball. The Elk Run Trail and the Wetlands Trail provide great opportunities for nature observation and recreation. During the winter months trails are open to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
Stagecoach State Park has 92 campsites spread among the lush and fragrant sagebrush of the Yampa Valley. These campsites are in four separate campgrounds within the park: Junction City, Pinnacle, Harding Spur and McKinley campgrounds. Camping is available on a limited basis during winter.
Stagecoach has two boat launches, both with ample parking for vehicles and trailers. The Marina rents kayaks, canoes, pontoon boats, stand-up paddle boards (SUPs), and paddle boats.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
LOCATION: Stagecoach State Park, 25500 R County Road 14, Oak Creek CO 80467.
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-736-2436.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 65
- Tent Sites: 27
- Total Sites: 92
- Electric Hookups: 65 sites with electric only.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 42
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 5
- Elevation: 7250 feet above sea level.
- Region: Yampa - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 50
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.