State Forest State Park
The ultimate in rugged Colorado, the Colorado State Forest offers visitors 71,000 acres of forest, jagged peaks and alpine lakes -- a true backcountry hiking, camping or hunting experience. If you want to get away from the crowds to camp near turquoise mountain lakes, catch fish and enjoy the unspoiled natural landscape Colorado is famous for, Colorado State Forest is for you.
Geo-Caching and horseback riding trails on site!
Boating is available, but wakeless only.
With soaring peaks, mountain lakes, vast stretches of forest and solitude, this is classic Colorado. Trout fishing and pristine mountain scenery add to the attractions. And it's all only a couple of hours west of Fort Collins.
Please call the number below directly for updated information before you make your on-line reservation. Please note that a daily fee or annual parks pass is required for entry into the park.
State Forest State Park, 56750 Highway 14, Walden CO 80480; 970-723-8366.
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities: 6
- Camper Cabins/Yurts: 15
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 12
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- RV Sites: 32
- Tent Sites: 187
- Total Sites: 219
- Electric Hookups: 32 sites with electric only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 32 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 26
- Elevation: 9100 feet above sea level.
- Region: North Park Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use:
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 17
- State Parks: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.