Sweitzer Lake State Park
|Visit our Web site|
A western slope oasis!
Vacationers come to Sweitzer Lake, near Delta Colorado, for action-packed boating, water-skiing, swimming, and jet-skiing. Then relax and enjoy the tranquillity of sailing, canoeing and waterfowl watching.
The boat ramp is at the west end of the lake near the dam. Fishing from your boat is a major part of your day at Sweitzer Lake with catfish, bluegill, green sunfish, and carp. PLEASE NOTE: Sweitzer Lake is now a catch and release only lake.
Enjoy the clear air while sitting on a sandy beach watching your family play in the water as Colorado Mountains creates an unforgettable backdrop.
Picnicking is the second most popular activity after fishing and boating. Sweitzer Lake offers many sites with shelter, a fire ring and a view of the lake.
Shotgun hunting is allowed but controlled within the park's boundaries. Waterfowl hunting is permitted on weekends, Wednesdays and legal holidays only. Colorado hunting seasons and regulations enforced.
Winter Activities: Please call the park office to learn of ice conditions before planning an ice fishing day, ice is usually considered unsafe at this lake.
Sweitzer Lake State Park is a DAY-USE ONLY PARK and does not offer camping.
LOCATION: Sweitzer Lake State Park, 1735 East Road, Delta CO 81416
For Fishing Conditions; Current Event Dates, and Directions: 970-874-4258.
- Elevation: 5000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Delta - Northwest, Colorado
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- State Parks: On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.