Cross D Bar Trout Ranch
|Visit our Web site|
Vacation in the spectacular Sangre de Cristo mountains in south-central Colorado where the old ranching West offers rugged solitude and adventure.
FAMILY FUN: Hiking, mountain biking, BBQs, napping. We arrange horseback riding and rafting -- locally.
FISHING: Four private lakes with Wild Trout, Rainbow, Brook, Golden, Brown, Donaldson, and Cutthroat.
STORE: Fishing poles, bait and lures; snacks; and ice.
AMENITIES: Shower House with Male & Female ADA shower and toilet facilities. Laundry facilities.
LODGING FOR FAMILY REUNIONS: RV hookup sites, cabins, deluxe tipis, and ranch guest house.
2 NIGHT STAY MINIMUM: Guesthouse and cabins.
LOCATION: 2299 County Road 328, Westcliffe CO 81252.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 800-453-4379.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/12 to 10/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $50 to $185
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $300 to $1100
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units. Smoking units available.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 2
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee. Fishing Equipment.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 20
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/29
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $30 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $8. Kids free under the age of 6.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $180.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $600.00 for two people.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 28
- Tent Sites: 8
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 28
- Electric & Water Hookups: 12 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 16 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 16 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 28 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 28 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 16
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 28
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 9200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Westcliffe - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 20
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 8
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 60 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 5 minutes drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 15 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 15 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 15 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 69, 84
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.