Elk Head Ranch Vacation Home
|Visit our Web site|
Authentic and historic 1883 ranch on 10,000 acres, our vacation home has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathroom sleeping 13 people.
AMENITIES: Non-smoking, Satellite TV, wood fireplace, woodstove, fully equipped kitchen. We also have horse facilities with pens and trailer parking.
FUN THINGS TO DO: The area is a haven for birds with a diversity of habitats: forests, agricultural fields, and wetlands. See Sandhill cranes, three species of grouse, great blue herons, evening grosbeaks, bald eagles, hawks, owls, hummingbirds and many other Rocky Mountain birds. 12 miles northeast of Elkhead Reservoir.
LOCATION: 40 miles northwest of Steamboat Springs in Hayden Colorado.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-276-3920.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: No smoking Allowed.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Nightly Rates On-Season: Range from $50 to $400
- Maximum Number of Guests: 13
- Total Number of Bedrooms: 5
- Total Number of Bathrooms: 3
- Total Number of King Beds: 1
- Total Number of Double Beds: 3
- Total Number of Single/Twin Beds: 5
- Total Number of Beds: 9
- Elevation: 6800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Steamboat Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Wood Stove. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Indoor Stall/Shed: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 4, 441,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.