Elk Head Ranch Vacation Home
|Visit our Web site|
Authentic and historic 1883 ranch on 10,000 acres, our vacation home has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathroom sleeping 13 people.
AMENITIES: Non-smoking, Satellite TV, wood fireplace, woodstove, fully equipped kitchen. We also have horse facilities with pens and trailer parking.
FUN THINGS TO DO: The area is a haven for birds with a diversity of habitats: forests, agricultural fields, and wetlands. See Sandhill cranes, three species of grouse, great blue herons, evening grosbeaks, bald eagles, hawks, owls, hummingbirds and many other Rocky Mountain birds. Snowmobiling on-site. 12 miles northeast of Elkhead Reservoir.
LOCATION: 40 miles northwest of Steamboat Springs in Hayden Colorado.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-276-3920.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: No smoking Allowed.
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Nightly Rates On-Season: Range from $50 to $400
- Maximum Number of Guests: 13
- Total Number of Bedrooms: 5
- Total Number of Bathrooms: 3
- Total Number of King Beds: 1
- Total Number of Double Beds: 3
- Total Number of Single/Twin Beds: 5
- Total Number of Beds: 9
- Elevation: 6800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Steamboat Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Ranch setting. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Wood Stove. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Indoor Stall/Shed: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- DVD Player: Available.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 4, 441,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 60 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.