Gold Pan Acres: Cabins, RV Park, General Store & Cafe
Near Platoro Reservoir, high in the Scenic San Juan Mountains, Gold Pan Acres is a classic Colorado vacation spot offering modern mountain cabin rentals and full hookup RV sites.
Platoro was a mining town in the 1800's; today the treasures of the upper Conejos River Canyon are its' vast mountain peaks, recreation trails, lakes, and streams. The highest man-made Reservoir in North America, is Platoro Reservoir at 10,034 feet and it is just 2 miles above the town of Platoro.
Choose from one of 3 types of cabins. The Family River Cabin is the largest sleeping 16 people in 3 bedrooms and a loft. It is more secluded than the other cabins. The Covered porch overlooks the Conejos River. The River cabin sleeps 6 people. The Gold Pan Cabins are the newest and sleep 8 people. These 6 cabins all have fully equipped kitchen, bathrooms, and linens provided.
The general store sells DOW hunting, fishing & OHV licenses. You can also pick up any supplies you left at home including: groceries, batteries, fishing gear & tackle, and ice cream. It is also well stocked with camping gear: shirts, pants, coats, boots, blankets, & Goretex. Looking to take a part of your vacation home: no worries their store has disposable camera, a nice gift selection, original artwork and books about the area.
A new cafe opened in 2012 and will serve breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Locations: From Antonito take Highway 17 west 20 miles, then north 23 miles on gravel Road. 120 Conejos Avenue, Platoro CO 81120. May - October 719-376-5543; November-April 254-634-5722.
|Email Gold Pan Acres: Cabins, RV Park, General Store & Cafe Directly|
|Visit our Web site www.goldpanrv.com|
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/21 to 10/31
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $135 to $280
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 6
- Camper Cabins/Yurts: 1
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 5
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- TV Screen 25" or Larger: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/21 to 10/31
- RV Camping Rates: $25 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 20
- Total Sites: 20
- Full Hookups: 20 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 9600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Platoro - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Fenced Pasture: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 32
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 32
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Ghost Town: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 80, 81,