Gold Pan Acres: Cabins, Gold Nugget Cafe, RV Park, General Store
|Visit our Web site www.goldpanrv.com|
Near Platoro Reservoir, high in the Scenic San Juan Mountains, Gold Pan Acres is a classic Colorado vacation spot offering modern mountain cabin rentals and full hookup RV sites.
Platoro was a mining town in the 1800s; today the treasures of the upper Conejos River Canyon are its' vast mountain peaks, recreation trails, lakes, and streams. The highest man-made Reservoir in North America, is Platoro Reservoir at 10,034 feet and it is just 2 miles above the town of Platoro.
Choose from one of 3 types of cabins. The River Cabin along the Conejos River sleeps up to 6 people. The Gold Pan Quad Cabins are the newest and sleep up to 6 adults. The Divide Cabin is a 'sleep cabin' for those needing an overnight stay. The River and Quad Cabins have fully equipped kitchens and bathrooms, linens are included as well as charcoal BBQ grills.
The general store sells DOW hunting, fishing & OHV licenses. You can also pick up any supplies you left at home including: groceries, batteries, fishing gear & tackle, and ice cream. It is also well stocked with camping gear: shirts, pants, coats, boots, blankets, & Goretex. Looking to take a part of your vacation home: no worries their store has disposable camera, a nice gift selection, original artwork and books about the area.
GOLD NUGGET CAFE: Opened in 2012 and will serve breakfast, lunch & dinner. Our speciality "PIZZA", hot, home-made, right from the brick oven. LOVE our desserts! Home-made pies and bread pudding, and ice cream cones. Call ahead for 2016 hours of operation.
LOCATION: From Antonito take Highway 17 west 20 miles, then north 23 miles on gravel Road. 120 Conejos Avenue, Platoro CO 81120.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: May - October 719-376-5543; November-April 254-634-5722.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/25 to 10/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $135 to $225
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Camper Cabins/Yurts: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 5
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/25 to 10/30
- RV Camping Rates: $28 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 20
- Total Sites: 20
- Full Hookups: 20 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 9800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Platoro - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- Restaurant: On site.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Restaurant(s): On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 80, 81,