Grand Mesa Lodge, Snowmobile Tours & Canoe Rentals
In Grand Mesa National Forest, about an hour east of Grand Junction on all-weather state highway, this resort features cozy housekeeping cabins that sleep from 2 to 8, and a small motel overlooking beautiful Island Lake. Escape the summer heat and relax in Grand Mesa's cool mountain air at their 10,500' elevation.
The attractively furnished log cabins are spaced apart from each another for privacy and have fully equipped kitchens, gas heat and bathrooms with showers. All cabins are furnished with bedding, towels, barbecue grills and outdoor campfire area. The motel units are available for those not requiring kitchen facilities. The comfortable lodge lobby has a scenic view for relaxation, conversation and coffee. Shop in the on-site store for groceries, gifts, fishing and hunting licenses and supplies.
Rent a canoe or rowboat at the lodge for memorable fishing in trout-filled Island Lake, the largest of 200+ lakes on Grand Mesa.
Fall brings spectacular autumn colors. Deer and elk abound for hunting in season or simply viewing.
Snowmobile tours are offered in winter at the resort. You can also cross country ski or snowshoe from your door step.
Well mannered pets are permitted in the cabins for a minimal additional cost and must be on a leash at ALL times. All cabins and rooms are non-smoking.
Location: Sixteen miles north of Cedaredge on all-weather Highway 65, near milepost marker 28, or 34 miles south of I-70 exit 49. 2825 Highway 65, PO Box 49, Cedaredge, CO 81413; 970-856-3250.
|Email Grand Mesa Lodge, Snowmobile Tours & Canoe Rentals Directly|
|Visit our Web site www.grandmesalodge.com|
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $65 to $160
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $347 to $1600
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 14
- Air Conditioning: Range from $65 to $160
- Units with King Beds: None.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Elevation: 10500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Mesa Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- VCR: Available.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 35
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 65
- National Park OR Monument: 70 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 25 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 52, 411, 421, 41,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.