Grand Mesa Lodge, Snowmobile Tours & Canoe Rentals
|Email Grand Mesa Lodge, Snowmobile Tours & Canoe Rentals Directly|
|Visit our Web site www.grandmesalodge.com|
In Grand Mesa National Forest, an hour east of Grand Junction on an all-weather state highway, this resort features cozy housekeeping cabins; and, a small motel overlooking beautiful Island Lake.
ESCAPE THE SUMMER HEAT: Relax in Grand Mesa's cool mountain air at 10,500' elevation.
The attractively furnished log cabins (sleep from 2 to 8 people) are spaced apart for privacy. Each has a fully equipped kitchen, barbecue grill, outdoor campfire area, gas heat, and bathrooms with showers; they are furnished with bedding, and towels. The motel units are for those not requiring kitchen facilities. The comfortable lodge lobby has a scenic view for relaxation, conversation and coffee. Shop in the on-site store for groceries, gifts, fishing and hunting licenses and supplies.
Rent a canoe or rowboat at the lodge for memorable fishing in trout-filled Island Lake, the largest of 200+ lakes on Grand Mesa.
FALL BRINGS spectacular autumn colors. Deer and elk abound for viewing or hunting in season.
IN WINTER snowmobile tours are offered at the resort. You can also cross-country ski and snowshoe from your door step.
All cabins and rooms are non-smoking. Well mannered pets are permitted in the cabins for a minimal additional cost, and must be on a leash at ALL times.
LOCATION: Sixteen miles north of Cedaredge on all-weather Highway 65, near milepost marker 28, or 34 miles south of I-70 exit 49. 2825 Highway 65, PO Box 49, Cedaredge, CO 81413; 970-856-3250.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $69 to $169
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $435 to $1065
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 14
- Air Conditioning: None.
- Units with King Beds: None.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 3
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Elevation: 10500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Mesa Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- VCR: Available.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 35
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 65
- National Park OR Monument: 70 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 25 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 52, 411, 421, 41,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.