Groundhog Lake RV Park, Campground & Cabins
|Visit our Web site www.groundhoglake.com|
The Groundhog Lake Area is between Telluride and Dolores, a favorite spot for local fisherman.
At Groundhog Lake in the high country of Southwest Colorado, there is abundant wildlife surrounding our vacation retreat where you will relax and enjoy the magnificent vistas.
Mountain cabin rentals, bring sleeping bags, or bedding.
RV sites and lakeside tent sites.
On-site: convenience & liquor store, dump station, and shower facilities.
Pets are always welcome. Great hunting opportunities abound.
PLEASE NOTE: Camping rates are for 4 people.
LOCATION: Within the 2 million acre San Juan National Forest, where boundless wilderness is combined with countless recreational areas.
The Candelaria Family, welcome you.
For Current Rates, Availability, Driving Directions; To Make Your Reservations: 970-739-5533.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $75 to $350
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- DVD Player in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: None.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages
- Camping Open Dates: 5/15 to 11/15
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $22 to $39 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids: $2.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $145.00 to $259.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: Range from $350.00 to $550.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 20
- Tent Sites: 10
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 30
- Electric Hookups: 16 sites with electric only.
- Electric & Water Hookups: 4 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 2 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 20 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 20 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 12
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Elevation: 9300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Dolores Area - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Telluride - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Ranch setting. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Phone: No phones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 100
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 25
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 12
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 17
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 30
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 75 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 71, 70, 711,
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.