Hestar Ranch with Icelandic Horses
|Visit our Web site|
Get away from the city, bring your water toys and experience ranch life where horses roam and fishing is king.
Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Room with Private Baths: Hestar Ranch has one (1) guest room in our barn loft featuring a full bathroom below, small refrigerator, 2 burner hot plate, coffee maker, and a new porch. We serve breakfast every day that includes farm fresh eggs and homemade bread.
ON-SITE: Bring your water toys, plenty of room to park. Private access into New Mexico's Carson National Wilderness Area with hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, relaxing, and wildlife photography.
THE SAN JUAN RIVER and NAVAJO LAKE: Fly-fish our 1/4 mile of private access to the San Juan River before it reaches Navajo Lake. Raft the river to Navajo Lake or drive the 4 miles and spend the day boating, fishing, and relaxing.
LOCATION: 30 miles south of Pagosa Springs on the Tracks Across Borders Scenic Byway and 4 miles from Pagosa Junction.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-883-2531.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- About Smoking: No smoking Allowed.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Fishing Equipment.
- Nightly Rates On-Season: Range from $79 to $89
- Maximum Number of Guests: 2
- Total Number of Bedrooms: 1
- Total Number of Bathrooms: 1
- Total Number of King Beds: 1
- Total Number of Beds: 1
- Elevation: 6200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Navajo Lake - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fishing Equipment. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Spa Services: On-site for an additional fee, call for prices and availability.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 30 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Casino Gambling: 40 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Marina: 25 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 25 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 50 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 50 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 80 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 80 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Hunting in Area: Walking distance.
- Private Land Unguided Hunting On-Site: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 771, 2B