Indian Springs Ranch/Campground, LLP
|Email Indian Springs Ranch/Campground, LLP Directly|
Come discover what camping was meant to be!
This is a Registered National Natural Landmark for fossils -- the only campground in Colorado to be honored! Tours of the fossil beds and the historical outlaw cabin of Wild Bill McKinney of the Quantrill Raiders are available by appointment.
A unique family friendly, secluded (yet easily accessible) destination campground -- great for groups and reunions. Situated on 2,100 quiet and peaceful acres. Swimming pool. Showers. Hiking, mountain biking, and rock-hounding. The area also offers golfing, rafting, fishing and hot springs pools.
Goldbelt Scenic Byway Tour
Phantom Canyon Road is part of the Goldbelt Scenic Byway Tour that connect Canon City, Cripple Creek and Florissant, take a day and enjoy a scenic drive along Colorado's richest gold mining circuits. The Frontier Pathway Scenic Byway is just south of here and is an amazing drive through the San Isabel National Forest with plenty of history, hiking and mountains.
PET FRIENDLY! Bring your dogs.
CUSTOM EVENT PLANNING FOR GROUPS.
Location with driving directions to Indian Springs Ranch Campground
5 miles east of Canon City: Turn north off of US Highway 50 onto CR 67 (Phantom Canyon Road). Go 3-1/2 miles, then turn left at the Indian Springs Ranch sign and go another 1-1/4 miles to our office.
Your hosts are the Thorson family. PO Box 405, Canon City CO 81215; 719-372-3907.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 10/15
- Tent Camping Rates: $20 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $28 to $40 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids free under the age of 5.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $150.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: $350.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 30
- Tent Sites: 50
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 80
- Full Hookups: 30 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 8 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 6
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 15
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 30
- Elevation: 5800 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Phone: In common area.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Wi-Fi Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 75
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 250
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: On site.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 15 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 30 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 30 minutes drive.
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 59, 69, 581, 691,