Lone Duck Campground, Cabins and Fishing Pond
|Visit our Web site|
LONE DUCK CAMPGROUND WAS VOTED ONE OF THE TOP 10 COLORADO CAMPGROUNDS BY THE DENVER POST NEWSPAPER!
Scenic mountain views from every site while you camp in a beautiful mountain valley along a stream. Private clean hot showers. Grassy, shaded RV hookup and Tent sites. New camper cabins are one room with a double and bunk bed and face the pond. Campfires. Enjoy family fun, large heated pool, stocked fishing pond, great log playground, recreation room. New large gift and convenience store. Pancake breakfasts every morning. Coin Laundry. High speed internet services (direct & WI-FI wireless)! Close to attractions. Relax in a quiet mountain community outside city lights.
FISHING POND: Our pond is spring fed and stocked with rainbow trout. Permits can be purchased in the office and the fishing hours are dawn to dusk.
SWIMMING POOL: The Lone Duck Pool is open for swimming from 9:30 am to 9:00 pm everyday and is gas heated.
INTERNET WI-FI: If you brought your Laptop, the Lone Duck has high speed internet access; both wired and wireless. Please check into the front office to setup your internet exploration. We also provide RJ-45 connectors so you can hookup to our tables located in the office.
LOCATION/DIRECTIONS: From I-25, exit 141, drive west on US Highway 24 about 12 miles, make a U-turn on divided Highway at the first Green Mountain Falls exit, go back east on US 24 just 250 yards. Your home!
ADDRESS: 8855 West Highway 24, Cascade CO 80809.
Call our Reservations Quack Line: 800-776-KWAK (5925); 719-684-9907, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
Rockhound ATV Rentals & Sales A Family adventure! A rugged ATV ride into Pike National Forest, our guided tours give you an exclusive look into the local history of Pikes Peak along our backcountry trails. Rockhound also offers ATV rentals.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 9/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: $65
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 5
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 9/30
- Tent Camping Rates: $35 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $39 to $45 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $3. Kids free under the age of 3. Kids: $3.
- RV Sites: 52
- Tent Sites: 42
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 60
- Electric Hookups: 7 sites with electric only.
- Electric & Water Hookups: 41 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 8 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 5 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 4 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 2
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 20
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 7500 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pikes Peak Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Outdoor swimming pool. Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 35
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 35
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 12
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 35
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 4 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 10 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 10 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 50 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 30 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 90 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 25 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 10 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: On site.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 10 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 10 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 25 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.