Colorado Jeep & 4WD
Texas Creek Jeeping & ATV/UTV Trails
The Texas Creek area is filled with Jeep & ATV trails. It is a fun riding area located at about 9,000' along the Arkansas River in South Central Colorado. This area is in the high mountain desert so expect warmer temperatures than most other Colorado destinations in the summer. Some mountain trails lead as high as 3,000' above the valley where the views are absolutely awesome!
Most trails in the area are suitable for vehicles as big as Jeeps but some are only big enough for ATVs, such as the trail from Reese Gulch to Table Mountain.
- Bull Gulch
- Texas Creek Gulch
- Tucker Trail
- Reese Gulch
- Fernleaf Gulch
Many of the trails circle around Table Mountain, which is easily visible from most places along the trail. On the eastern side of Table Mountain, the terrain is mostly a high field with one area that is open and flat enough for you to let out the throttle. On the western side of Table Mountain, the terrain is a completely different experience with many unique rock formations. The trails here are sandier than the eastern side.
Remember to TREAD lightly:
- Travel and recreate with minimum impact.
- Respect the environment and the rights of others.
- Educate yourself. Plan and prepare before you go.
- Avoid open meadows, ponds, wildlife, and livestock. Use good judgment.
- Discover the rewards of responsible recreation.
Texas Creek is located in the south central region near the Royal Gorge area along US Highway 50. Salida is about 30 miles to the west and Canon City is about 25 miles to the east.
Places to Stay & Fun Things to Do
- Mountain ATV trail riding is exciting and fun! Texas Creek is the ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE CAPITAL of Colorado - we play dirty. Tours are a 15 minutes drive from Canon City; 1 hour from the Pikes Peak Area.
More Activities & Information
Royal Gorge Area, Colorado includes: Cañon City, Coaldale, Cotopaxi, Florence, Guffey, Penrose, Texas Creek