|Visit our Web site|
Mesa Campground is the finest family run RV Park and Campground in the Gunnison Valley. It is conveniently located between Gunnison and Blue Mesa Reservoir in the Curecanti National Recreation Area. We have some of the best fishing in Colorado attracting anglers from all over the world. The Gunnison River is within easy walking distance from the park.
We offer clean, grassy, neatly landscaped sites with plenty of shade. Full RV hookup sites are 35X60 feet, and have 30 or 50 amp electric hookups, phone hookups, picnic tables and BBQ grills. Our new luxury RV sites have patios, patio furniture & gas BBQ grills and four of them have private hot tubs. Big Rigs are Welcome with plenty of room for slideouts and pull-thrus.
Two new rustic luxury cabins that sleep 6 are equipped with bathrooms and kitchenette. We also offer two traditional Tipis fully decked out for the more adventurous.
CAMP STORE: Stocked with convenience items, RV parts, tackle and souvenirs. We sell gasoline and propane.
OUR AMENITIES: clubhouse, rec room, laundromat, modern showers, public phones, free wireless internet, dump station, storage area. Allan Ivy Photography Gallery offers several summer workshops.
The convenience store, dump station, air, potable water, and showers available for non registered guests.
PLANNED ACTIVITIES: Photographic workshops, woodcarving & quilting classes, Dominoes, Shanghai Rummy, potluck dinners, and Pegs & Jokers. Most are offered weekly, call for details or ask for a schedule when you check-in.
There are a variety of local activities such as photography, rafting, 4-wheeling, horseback riding, hiking, biking, shopping and golfing. We are also open for the hunting season and are ideally situated close to areas 53, 54, 55, 551 and 63.
HOSTS: Allan and Francie Ivy.
LOCATION: 3 miles west of Gunnison on US Highway 50. 36128 West Highway 50, Gunnison CO 81230.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-3186.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/15 to 10/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $35 to $87
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 2
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Seniors. Groups. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/15 to 10/15
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $22 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $32 to $74 a night for two people.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $185.00 to $432.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: Range from $462.00 to $1079.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 128
- Tent Sites: 6
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 134
- Full Hookups: 128 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 8 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 88 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 90 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 20
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 128
- Elevation: 7700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 5 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 30
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 30
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 50
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 5 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 1 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 10 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 3 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 30 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 3 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Mini Golf: 7 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 53, 54, 55, 63, 551
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Tours: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 5 minutes drive.