Mine Shaft Inn & Hostel
|Visit our Web site|
In the middle of the San Juan National Forest; Rico Colorado, offers mountain views and outdoor adventure. The Historic Mine Shaft Inn was built in the 1880s with 14 foot ceilings, then lovingly restored in the 1980s with Victorian decor and a large community kitchen.
ROOMS: Choose from Hostel to Luxury rooms with private bathrooms. Smoking allowed only on the patio. Bud & Breakfast.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From Telluride, Colorado: Drive Southwest out of town on Highway 145 the San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway over Lizard Head Pass to Rico about 20 miles. AND From Durango, Colorado: Drive west on Highway 160, connects in Mancos to Highway 184 northwest.
LOCATION: Near Dolores, right onto Highway 145 North. The Inn is next to the US Post Office in downtown Rico on right. 20 S Glasgow Ave, Rico CO 81332.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-967-6463.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $25 to $85
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with a Shared Bath: 5
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms with Private baths: 3
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 8
- Air Conditioning: None.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless. Through High-Speed wired.
- Elevation: 8973 feet above sea level.
- Region: Telluride - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast & Lunch.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Wood Stove. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 30
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 20
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- High-Speed Wired Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 18
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 45 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: Walking distance.
- Ghost Town: Walking Distance.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 10 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: Walking distance.
- Hot Mineral Springs: Walking distance.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 3 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 1 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 1 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Riding distance to trailheads.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 70, 71, 72, 73, 711
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 30 minutes drive.