Monarch Spur Cabins, RV Park & Campground
719-530-0341 or 719-539-4296
|Visit our Web site|
Vacation with an Altitude! 8,620 Feet Elevation in the Sawatch Range!
Stay in the Heart of Colorado's Rocky Mountains surrounded by San Isabel National Forest. Nestled in a small valley, 200 feet to our trout stream and fishing pond.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: One bedroom with a sleeping loft featuring kitchens and full bathrooms. Relax on the deck, sitting on the porch swing, viewing the Continental Divide while grilling dinner is on the gas BBQ. Cabins are nestled in pine trees new the river. Sleeps up to 6 guest.
RV SITES: Our sites are all full hookup 20/30/50 amp, 60 feet long, and pull-thru. Sewer Adapter required to dump in our septic!
TENT SITES: Camp Riverside and separated from our RV sites. Tenters, please build fires only in firepits. Dish washing sinks are in the laundry room.
SERVICES AND AMENITIES: Picnic area, pavilion, horseshoe pits, showers, laundry, LP gas, store, souvenirs and local products, snacks and ice cream, VHS and DVD rentals, Free WI-FI, and off park trip information.
AREA ACTIVITIES: ATV rentals and trails, hiking, gold panning, off-roading backcountry trails, ghost towns and Salida. In Winter Monarch Ski & Snowboard Area is 7 miles away, snowmobile tours are 4 miles, and snowshoe trails start here.
LOCATION: 11-1/2 miles west of Salida. 10 miles east of Monarch Pass. On the south side of US 50 between milepost markers 208 and 209. PO Box 457, Poncha Springs CO 81242.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-530-0341.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/31
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $90 to $100
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/1 to 10/31
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $23 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: $35 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $3. Kids: $3.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: $210.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Metered Electricity) On-Season: $500.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 29
- Tent Sites: 12
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 41
- Full Hookups: 29 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 29 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 29 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 29
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 29
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 8620 feet above sea level.
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: There are pet restrictions, please call and make prior arrangements.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Individual Horse Indoor Stall/Shed: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 200
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 20
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 10
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 24
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 100
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 20
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 41
- National Park OR Monument: 75 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 10 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 10 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 5 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 25 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 3 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 20 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 10 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 56, 561,