Moondance RV and Campground
In Grand Junction with views of the Colorado National Monument, Bookcliffs, and Grand Mesa.
LUXURY RV SITES: Full hookup sites are full of luxury: 50amp service, room for slideouts on both sides, a deck/patio, 45+ foot long and pull-thru!
TENT SITES: The separate tenting area has no overhead lighting and is close to the shower house.
Campfires are allowed at both RV and Tent sites. The Comfort Station has both laundry and showers.
LOCATION: Moondance is on the north side of I-70 between the exits of 26 and 28.
ADDRESS: 774 23 Road, Grand Junction CO 81505.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-245-0769, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: $15 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $35 to $45 a night for two people.
- RV Sites: 27
- Tent Sites: 22
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 49
- Full Hookups: 27 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- Luxury RV Sites: 13 full hookup sites with 50 amps, 45+ feet long, room for slideouts on two sides and a patio/deck.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 13 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 27
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 27
- Winterized Sites: 27
- Hot Showers in Winter: Yes
- Elevation: 4200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Junction - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 30 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 30 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 2 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 10 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 5 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 15 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: Riding distance to path.
- Bicycle Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 10 minutes drive.