Mountain River Lodge and Luxury Cabin Rentals
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Mountain River Lodge and Cabins is in the heart of Lake George, Colorado with scenic views overlooking Lake George. Originally built in 1949, these historic cabins have been lovingly renovated into luxury cabin lodging while still keeping the original structural integrity. Fish the South Platte River (The Dream Stream) or nearby Eleven Mile, Spinney, Tarryall or Antero Reservoirs. Pike National Forest is only a 1/4 mile away hiking, biking, horseback, motorcycle and ATV trails.
SINGLE CABINS/HOTEL ROOMS: 8 cabin/hotel rooms are designed for your comfort. Each features a queen bed, pillow top mattress, fine linens, 42 inch Smart HDTV, WiFi, mini refrigerator, microwave, granite desk tops, custom marble and stone bathroom with walk-in showers and heated toilet seats.
LARGE FAMILY CABINS: 2 family cabins feature a living room with luxury pull-out queen memory foam mattress, a master bedroom with queen bed, and a second bedroom with a comfortable bunk bed. They sleep 7 and are elegantly appointed.
We are dog friendly!
THE MAIN LODGE: Our lodge is an inviting space with leather seating, a stone fireplace and a 65 inch Smart HDTV to enjoy your favorite sporting events. Guests are welcome to sip a glass of wine while watching TV, relax reading a favorite book and warm-up by the fire on our cool mountain evenings.
At the heart of our resort is a stunning large paved patio with commercial grills, 2 firepits, and a gorgeous rock fireplace with numerous seating areas and tables. A perfect place to gaze at our star-filled night sky while snuggling next to a fire roasting marshmallows and grilling your fresh caught fish or Colorado beef for your evening meal.
Our staff takes pride in creating personalized care; our mission is to help create unforgettable memories during your vacation.
PACKAGES: Our packages help elevate your Colorado vacation, we offer many packages including a FARM-TO-TABLE NIGHT where gourmet grass fed beef burgers are grilled on the patio by a local chef, or the ASPEN ROMANCE PACKAGE that includes dinner on the patio by the fire with complimentary beer or wine, and breakfast in bed. Daily room refreshing is offered as well as nightly turndown service.
ADDRESS: 38122 Highway 24, Lake George CO 80827
For Fishing Conditions; Current Rates and To Make Your Reservations: 719-748-1353, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $150 to $250
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 7
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 3
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7980 feet above sea level.
- Region: Pikes Peak West - South Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 5 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Internet Cafe: 25 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 32
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 10 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 25 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 25 minutes drive.
- Dinosaur - Archeological Site: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 25 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 25 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 25 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Marina: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 15 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 55 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 55 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 15 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 2 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 2 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 25 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 25 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 4 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 25 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 50, 511, 581,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 90 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: 5 minutes drive.