O-Bar-O Cabins Along the Florida River
|Email O-Bar-O Cabins Along the Florida River Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
Imagine yourself in a western cabin with urban amenities under the clear Colorado sky with deer, elk and an occasional bear roaming through nearby alpine meadows. Tall pine trees stretch to the horizon alongside cool mountain streams. The O-Bar-O, sitting on nearly 7 acres along the banks of the Florida River, has all of this and more. Vacation just outside historic downtown Durango, we're a stone's throw from the San Juan National Forest and Vallecito Lake.
Our mountain cabins are decorated in "URBAN WESTERN STYLE" complete with pillowtop mattresses that you may not want to leave when the morning sun rises. Leather furniture beckons you to rest after a day of outdoor adventures. High speed wireless (WI-FI) Internet, LCD TV with DirecTV, DVD player, and iPod docking stations put the "urban" in our "western" style!
Our cabins and grounds are smoke-free for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests.
O-BAR-O CABINS: 1 and 2 bedroom mountain cabins with fully appointed kitchenettes and gas fireplaces. Spend the morning on the deck in your comfy O-Bar-O robe. In the evening cook dinner on the gas grill overlooking the river as it wanders by.
We're not just dog friendly here at the O-Bar-O . . . WE LOVE DOGS. Once you get here you just might start calling us the O-Bark-O!!! Three of our nine cabins are waiting to welcome your four-legged family members. There is even an off leash area for Fido to stretch his legs.
LOCATION: From Durango take County Road 240 (Florida Road) heading northeast about 12 miles. You'll see the driveway and cabins on your right. 11998 County Road 240, Durango CO 81301.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-259-3649.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $179 to $389
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 9
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 9
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Fishing Equipment. snowshoes.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 100
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Firefighters and Police Officers. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 7600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Fishing Equipment. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 15 minutes drive.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Corporate. Reunion. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 36
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 36
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 36
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 20 minutes drive.
- Native American Reservation/Pueblo: 45 minutes drive.
- Indian Ruins - Archeological Site: 45 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 15 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 15 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 35 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 15 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 20 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 15 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 30 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 30 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 20 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 20 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 20 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bike Path: 20 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 3 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 74, 741, 75, 751, 77, 771
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 20 minutes drive.