Old Hundred™ Gold Mine Tour
|Email Old Hundred™ Gold Mine Tour Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
Underground ADVENTURE an Educational Experience full of FUN in a real Gold Mine
Experience underground fun in a real gold mine! The underground world of the hard rock miner is rarely seen by "outsiders". Now you, too, can go "on shift" and see the earth from the inside out. One hour guided tour takes you 1/3 mile on a safe electric mine train into Galena Mountain where you follow the vein and learn how mining was done. Guides walk you through spacious tunnels to see crystals, minerals, mining demonstrations and more! The Old Hundred™ is the only mine tour where you get to see and experience operating mining equipment in a real mine setting.
This is a great family value! FREE gold panning with the purchase of a tour ticket. Picnic area, gift shop, easy walking, no climbing, well lighted, safe and state inspected. Video and flash camera are welcome.
RESERVATIONS NOT REQUIRED!
- TOURS EVERY 90 MINUTES: From 10:30 am - 4 pm; May 14th - June 27th.
- TOURS EVERY HOUR: from 10:00 am - 4 pm; June 28th - August 17th.
- TOURS EVERY 90 MINUTES: From 10:30 am - 4 pm; August 18th - October 3rd.
The Old Hundred™ Gold Mine Tour has been recommended by "National Geographic", the "New York Times", the "Denver Post", "Family Fun" magazine, "Rock & Gem" magazine, "Colorado Getaways" television show, and automobile club guides in the US and Europe.
Come on up and discover your own "pot o' gold" in Silverton - Colorado's Historic Mining Country!
EASILY ACCESSIBLE by car or RV. Large parking lot with plenty of room for RVs.
LOCATION: 1-1/4 hours north of Durango on US Highway 550 (The San Juan Skyway), then 5 miles east of Silverton on Highway 110. Follow signs onto Country Road 4A, Silverton CO 81433.
For Current Rates; Directions, and Reservations: 800-872-3009; 970-387-5444.
- Elevation: 10000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Durango - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Ouray - Southwest, Colorado
- Region: Silverton - Southwest, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/14 to 10/3
- Mine Tours: On site.
- Mini Golf: 10 minutes drive.