Connie's Mountain Orchid Cabin Rental on Bunny Lane
Connie's Mountain Orchid Cabin Rental was formerly part of Bunny Lane Cabins.
The "Mountain Orchid" has outstanding scenery and tall trees that give it that quiet secluded feel. Wright's Lake is a short 200 yard walk and is stocked with Rainbow Trout for your fishing leisure and appetite!
Our historical log cabin, built in 1878, has a living room, kitchen, bedroom, BBQ grills, woodstove, and plenty of privacy. Relax in your private bathhouse in a claw-foot bath tub! Your woodstove has firewood provided, and you can roast marshmallows over your private campfire depending on fire restrictions. No smoking please.
PET POLICY: Your well-behaved dogs and horses are welcome with a $100 damage deposit.
STAY HERE and SWIM at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort, 2 miles away, with geo-thermal soaking and swimming pools. Buy a pool pass and enjoy the day, then come home to your cabin on Bunny Lane.
EXPLORE BEAUTIFUL TRAILS: The Colorado/Continental Divide Trailhead is nearby for amazing wildlife viewing.
HELPFUL DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From the Collegiate Peaks Scenic Byway, Highway 285, turn onto County Road 162 towards Mountain Princeton Hot Springs. The cabin is 2 miles past the hot springs, the paved road curves, stay straight on County Road 291 (Bunny Lane) to get to the cabin. The cabin is on the right side of the road. 17280 County Road 291 (Bunny Lane), Nathrop CO 81236.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-395-8325.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $60 to $140
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- RV Sites: 1
- Tent Sites: 1
- Elevation: 8400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Wood Stove.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Indoor Stall/Shed: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: Walking distance.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 25 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 30 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Fly Shop: 15 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 10 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 10 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Cowboy Supper & Show: 10 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 55 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 56, 481, 57
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 50 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 20 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 20 minutes drive.