Ponderosa Campground & Cabins
Camp in the beauty of pine, aspen & cottonwood trees beside the Conejos River. RV sites. Two full-service cabins with kitchens/bath, plus 3 one-room cabins sleep up to 4. Game room, fishing tackle, hot showers, laundry & clean restrooms. Fish the Conejos River, bike, hike, Jeep, ATV & hunt. Mid-way between Antonito & Chama.
Open Mid May to September 30.
Jack and Cathy Whitney, Frank and Kim O'Connor, and Karl Casebeer, welcome you. 18584 State Highway 17, Antonito CO 81120; 719-376-5857.
|Email Ponderosa Campground & Cabins Directly|
|Visit our Web site www.ponderosaco.com|
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/15 to 9/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $65 to $115
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 5
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Internet Access in Units: Some units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/15 to 9/30
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $29 to $31 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $29 to $31 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5. Kids free under the age of 6. Kids: $5.
- RV Sites: 29
- Tent Sites: 2
- Total Sites: 31
- Electric & Water Hookups: 29 sites with electric and water only.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 4 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 4
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 10
- Elevation: 8600 feet above sea level.
- Region: Antonito - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Wood Fireplace. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 15
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 15
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 29
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 29
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 3 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 90 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 15 minute drive. (Off road, back country, 4WD.)
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 15 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Waterfall Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 81, 80,