Porter Ranch Cabins & Horse Stables
Experience private Ranch splendor, steps from Glenwood Springs . . . Tucked behind the coal ridge, 2 turns off interstate 70 in New Castle, this family owned and operated Ranch is 3600 gorgeous acres, all for you to explore.
We offer TWO CABINS and a separate studio . . . Open year round. We welcome reunions, catering with ranch fixins, Horseback trail rides, and hay rides on our '61 Jimmy' for weddings or parties.
Horse Motel: Bring your horse on vacation they can stay in our pasture, pens, or stalls while you vacation in a mountain cabin.
YEAR ROUND OPEN ELK HUNTING . . . Our high fence hunts are sure to please all levels, archery or rifle. NO LICENSE REQUIRED!
ACTIVITIES INCLUDE: Horseback trail riding and wildlife tours with packages for whitewater rafting! Stay with us and snowshoe, cross-country ski, go sledding or just kick back in front of a roaring fire and enjoy the elk whistle outside your window on our private preserve.
4200 County Road 314, New Castle CO 81647; 970-984-3269.
|Visit our Web site|
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $159 to $209
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 2
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Seniors. Groups. Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- Tent Sites: 25
- Total Sites: 25
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 6100 feet above sea level.
- Region: Glenwood Springs - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Overnight Pack Trip: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: 10 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Individual Horse Indoor Stall/Shed: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: On site.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
- Wi-Fi Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 500
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 8
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 25
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 30 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Cave Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Bike Path: 30 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 30 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 30 minutes drive.