Prospector's RV Resort at Royal Gorge
|Visit our Web site|
THERE'S PLENTY TO DO IN THE CANON CITY/ROYAL GORGE AREA: From whitewater rafting to the world's highest suspension bridge to panning for gold and fishing. You'll be sure to find adventure, fun and relaxation!
Regardless of how you choose to camp, we have the perfect accommodations!
All accommodations have a picnic table, campfire ring; cabins also have a charcoal grill off the front porch. All cabins have evaporative cooling climate control. Central bathhouse with clean bathrooms, showers and a laundry room.
RV CAMPERS choose from one of our shaded, pull thrus or back-in sites. We have water, electric, and sewer and a great RV supply and grocery store.
TENT CAMPERS like to sleep under the stars, great camping sites await you.
CAMPING CABINS sleep 4-6 people. Log cabins have electricity, a sink with cold water, microwave, and an apartment size refrigerator. BRING linens/sleeping bags, cookware, and other essentials.
DELUXE CABINS have a kitchen equipped with a stove, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and microwave, along with most dishes and utensils. The large cabins sleep 6 people; the smaller cabin sleeps 4 people. There is a bathroom with a shower in each deluxe cabin. Linens provided for a small fee.
Our secure camp resort amenities are the very best and include a heated pool, spa, horseshoes, recreational hall, game room, playground, and a recreational field.
WRISTBAND PACKAGES: Available for purchase during your stay and include unlimited access (during your stay) to the following activities: Water-slides, Pools, Jump Pillow, Spray-ground, Peddle Carts, and Skate Area.
LOCATION: A mile west of the Royal Gorge Bridge entrance, 43595 US Highway 50, Canon City CO 81212.
For Current Rates & Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-275-2128.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $59 to $150
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 10
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 3
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Units with a Private Outdoor Hot Tub: 1
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Camping Open Dates: All Year
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Tent Camping Rates: Range from $29 to $34 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $29 to $42 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $7. Kids free under the age of 4. Kids: $7.
- Off-Season Monthly RV rates available call for information.
- RV Sites: 89
- Tent Sites: 37
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 126
- Electric & Water Hookups: 40 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 49 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 27 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 15 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 24
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 75
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Winterized Sites: 50
- Elevation: 6313 feet above sea level.
- Region: Royal Gorge Area - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor swimming pool. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Arcade Games: On site.
- Wagon/Hay Rides: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: On site.
- Pet Park (leash free zone): 10 minutes drive.
- Vet Services: 10 minutes drive.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 50
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 150
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 76
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 126
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 45 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 5 minutes drive.
- State Parks: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 15 minutes drive.
- Ghost Town: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 15 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 15 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 15 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 15 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 2 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: On site.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 15 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 2 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 2 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: 2 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 2 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 10 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 10 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 5 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 58, 69, 581, 691,