River Orchard Place - Cabins on the South Arkansas River
GUESTS EXCLAIM: It's "Colorado's Garden of Eden!" because of the majestic setting and gorgeous grounds.
River Orchard Place was originally homesteaded in the 1800s on 800 acres as hunting cabins; guests included Dwight Eisenhower and Roy Rogers.
FIVE CABINS: All our cabins have a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot with coffee or tea, and for safety, each room contains a smoke detector.
COLORADO'S GARDEN OF EDEN: You will enjoy one hundred foot trees as well as bright beautiful flowers (seasonally) in every direction. The South Arkansas River flows through our resort; you will encounter breathtaking views of the surrounding area, which includes more 14,000 foot peaks than any other area in the US.
MONARCH SKI & SNOWBOARD AREA: Stay in a mountain cabin; then head up Highway 50 (about 20 minutes) for some of the best skiing in South Central Colorado. Monarch Mountain is uncrowded compared to other mainstream Colorado ski resorts; families looking for an affordable ski vacation will be pleasantly surprised. Take another vacation day and extend your Colorado Ski vacation!
WE SPECIALIZE IN WEDDINGS AND REUNIONS.
LOCATION: At the base of Poncha Pass just off Highway 285.
ADDRESS: 625 Pinyon Drive, Poncha Springs CO 81242
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations Call our Caretaker, Dennis: 719-207-0075; Becky 214-533-6956, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 5
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: All units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Some units.
- Elevation: 7400 feet above sea level.
- Region: Salida - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Smoke-Free Environment (inside & out).
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In common area.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 400
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 400
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 16
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 20 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 10 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 3 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 3 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 10 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 15 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 5 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 10 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Tours: 5 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 60 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bicycle Shop: 10 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 10 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 10 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 56, 57, 58, 86, 561,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 25 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowshoe Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 10 minutes drive.