Sable Mountain Outfitters: Fishing, Hunting, Horse Rides
|Visit our Web site www.sablemountainoutfitters.com|
In Loving Memory Gene Scritchfield May 31, 1970 - October 29, 2008
Sable Mountain Outfitters offers Guided Big Game Hunts or Drop Camp Hunts, High Country Fishing Camp at Marvine Lake, Wilderness Pack Trips, and Scenic Trail Rides in the White River National Forest and Flat Tops Wilderness.
Marvine Lake fishing camp is located in the Flat Top Wilderness. Anglers will enjoy fishing for Rainbow, Brook, and Cutthroat trout. Marvine Creek provides beautiful stream fishing.
You'll enjoy the magnificent scenery on the two hour horseback ride. Our camp is complete with wall tent, cook stove, cooking and eating utensils, tables, chairs, cots, and lanterns. Enjoy long leisurely nature hikes, explore mountain trails on horseback, read a good book or just relax in the shade of the fragrant Pine and Aspen trees.
June through September: Two options are available . . .
1. Full Service Camp - We will prepare meals and tend to the horses and the camp chores so all you have to do is relax and enjoy your vacation. You supply only your personal and fishing gear and sleeping bag.
2. Drop Camp - Includes fully equipped camp, pack-in and pack-out. For those who want to get away on their own. You supply your food, personal and fishing gear, and sleeping bag and we'll pack you and your gear into our furnished camp and return to pick you up on a prearranged date.
Horseback riding is the best way to experience the majestic Rocky Mountains. The spectacular White River National Forest and Flat Tops Wilderness areas are accessed by numerous trailheads making each trail ride unique. If you're quiet, you may have the opportunity to see wildlife, such as mule deer, elk, coyotes or maybe even a bear.
Fall trail rides are a favorite. The mountain air is crisp and cool and the Aspen trees provide stunning views with their brilliant shades of golden yellow, orange, and red interlaced in the evergreens.
We will provide an experienced guide to accompany you as you explore the high mountain trails to provide personal attention, instruction, and knowledge of the area to ensure that you enjoy your backcountry adventure.
We operate our hunting camps under special use permits issued to us by the USDA Forest Service in the White River National Forest and the Flat Tops Wilderness Area in game management units 23, 24, and 33 during all hunting seasons: archery, muzzle loading, and rifle.
We are the home of the world's largest herd of migratory elk. This beautiful country contains all of the geographic features associated with prime Colorado elk hunting country. Elevations range from 7,500' to 11,000' across this terrain, covering the movement of the animals from their summer to their winter habitats ranges across the hunting seasons.
DROP CAMPS: Our wilderness drop camps are situated in a beautiful Pine and Aspen tree-rimmed areas and are accessed only by horseback. All drop camps are fully furnished with everything you'll need and will also include your pack-in and -out on horseback, camp checks, and game packing. You provide only food and beverage for your stay, a warm sleeping bag, your personal gear, and your hunting equipment.
GUIDED HUNTING: Our mountain guides are knowledgeable hunters and are very committed to providing you a successful hunt. You will be provided with a horse, game packing, and guide service for a five-day hunt. Guided Rifle hunts are 1 guide to every 2 hunters. Guided Archery Hunts are 1 guide for 1 hunter. All hunting is done on horseback. We offer the following two options for our guided hunters:
GUIDED CAMP: Our great guided hunt, which also includes lodging in our wilderness base camp accessed only by horseback, offers hearty meals prepared by our camp cook. All you need to bring is your warm sleeping bag, personal gear, and hunting equipment.
GUIDED HUNT: We provide the same great guided hunt on horseback, but you provide your own lodging and meals. We can make some recommendations for places to stay and eat.
GAME PACKING: Experienced packers are available with our pack string to bring out your game from within the local area. You will need to field dress and quarter the animal. We charge extra for animals outside the local area or if we need to field dress, quarter or skin your animal.
References are available upon request.
Ann Marie Scritchfield
Sable Mountain Outfitters
License #2657 - Bonded & Insured
For More Information or to Make Your Reservations: 970-878-4765. Your call is important to us and we will reply as soon as we can.
- Elevation: 11406 feet above sea level.
- Region: Meeker - Northwest, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: 5/1 to 11/30
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 23, 24, 33,