Sleepy Cat Mountain: Lodging, Fishing, Snowmobile
|Visit our Web site|
Spend your Spring Break, Summer Family Vacation, Fall Hunting/Fishing Trip, or your Winter Get-A-Way in the beautiful White River Valley near Meeker, Colorado.
From our fully modern lodging, you will experience this great White River Valley: fishing, horseback riding, hiking, biking, tubing, caving, hunting, snowmobiling, sledding, cross-country skiing, ATVing (legal on all county roads now!), weddings along the river, family reunions, and relaxing vacation time right out the front door.
Cozy cabins and vacation homes nestled on the White River in pine and aspen trees with spectacular views. Stay in a spacious 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom cabin that sleep 10 people comfortably. Each rental cabin/home has a living/dining room, TV, full kitchen and outdoor grill. From your porch, you will view some of the largest elk herds in Northwestern Colorado.
Relax in the evening mountain air around the campfire for marshmallow roasting and story telling.
FISHING: Fly fish on several miles of great public fishing on the White River. The area has many lakes including Trappers, Cliff, Avery, and Meadow that provide ice fishing in winter. Catch your dream trophy Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Cutthroat, Brookies or Whitefish. We arrange guided fishing on private waters.
HIKING AND EXPLORING: Have fun exploring many of the Indian camps and caves in the surrounding areas.
Take a Fall horseback ride and view the spectacular changing colors of the Aspen trees.
Whether you are looking to hunt elk, mule deer, antelope, bear, or mountain lion, you are sure to enjoy your time with us!
SNOWMOBILING: We arrange guided snowmobile tours with a licensed outfitter OR we rent you a sled and let you go with your friends. You can ride from the cabin or trailer to numerous other trailheads.
FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED: The Wix families have been serving people in the White River Valley and Sleepy Cat Guest Ranch for 50 years. It is our passion of 5 generations to live here and see everyone comfortably enjoying!
LOCATION: 25 miles east of Meeker; 42253 County Road 17, Meeker CO 81641.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-878-4413; 970-878-5258.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 3
- Cabins/Cottages without Cooking Facilities (may be Attached): 1
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 7000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Meeker - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Remote, far away from a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Television: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Reunion. Weddings. Elopements.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- National Park OR Monument: 90 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 1 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 15 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 5 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 1 minutes drive.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): 1 minutes drive.
- Horse Riding Lessons: 1 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 1 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 1 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Hunting in Area: 1 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 23, 24
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.