Sportsman Outdoors: Fly Shop, Fly-Fishing Trips, Scenic Tours
|Email Sportsman Outdoors: Fly Shop, Fly-Fishing Trips, Scenic Tours Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
The Sportsman Outdoors & Fly Shop is a comprehensive outdoor retail and gift store specializing in supplying the fly fisher, angler, and outdoor enthusiast; we have the equipment and services needed to have a great vacation in the Colorado San Juan Mountains. Since 1955, we've earned the reputation of personal, friendly service and exceptional technical expertise.
With over 4,000 square feet of gear and gifts, we provide a wide selection of technical outdoor clothes, footwear, maps, gear, and accessories from name-brand companies for adults and children. Along with a full-service fly fishing pro shop, we also provide gear for spin/bait fishing, camping, hiking, bicycling, snowshoeing, and backcountry skiing. We stock some amazing mountain gifts and always have HOMEMADE fudge made right on-site!
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE SERVICES in LAKE CITY, COLORADO
Experience these exciting adventures in the San Juan Mountains with our knowledgeable staff:
FLY-FISHING GUIDE TRIPS: Experienced guides, custom planning, and a Pro Shop! Beginners to Advanced; All Ages Welcome! Experience the wild waters of the San Juan Mountains with trips on the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River, Henson, Cebolla, Rio Grande, Gunnison, and many other public and private rivers and streams. We offer personalized training with a variety of trips, schools, clinics, and instruction. (FREE CLINICS IN THE SUMMER!)
SCENIC 4WD TOURS: Ride with us safely on some of the highest, most rugged terrain in the lower 48! Take one of our personalized 4-wheel drive tours in the comfort of our vehicles. Visit ghost towns, alpine meadows, and most thrilling -- go over the high-country passes such as Cinnamon and Engineer Passes (called the Alpine Loop), both over 12,000 feet! Tours include box lunches and lots of fun without the driving hassle!
GUIDED HIKES: Half and full day trips are available into the area's four Wilderness Areas and hundreds of miles of trails surrounding Lake City. Our guides know the area and love sharing their knowledge of local lore and the wildlife. Come hike with an expert; we'll take care of you while you explore with your camera.
SNOWSHOEING TRIPS: It's a whole different mountain experience in the San Juan winters. We help you find lodging and even provide box lunches (for when you're on the trail). Just bring your appetite for fun and warm clothes. We are your guides, gear experts, and Sherpa Adventure Gear!
GEAR RENTALS: Boat, bike, hike, fish, and camping rentals! See the beauty of the San Juans without having to buy outdoor equipment or lug your own to Lake City! The Sportsman rents only the highest quality equipment and gear for all seasons and popular local activities. We help you in deciding the best destinations to use your rentals according to current local conditions.
SHUTTLE SERVICES: For hikers, campers, and ATV enthusiasts, The Sportsman provides shuttle services for you and your gear to any trailhead in the area! We can also move ATVs, OHVs, and other vehicles from one end of the Alpine Loop to the other or any major trailhead and campsite in the area.
LOCATION: 238 S Gunnison Ave, Lake City CO 81235.
Call Sportsman Outdoors at 970-944-2526 for reservations and more details.
- Elevation: 8671 feet above sea level.
- Region: Lake City - Southwest, Colorado
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 25
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Open Dates For On-Site Activities: All Year
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Ghost Town: On site.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Kayaking Rentals: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Historic/Cultural Tours: On site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: On site.
- Waterfall Trails: Trails start on site.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 5 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: On site.