Sun Valley Ranch and Sun Valley Lake
|Visit our Web site|
WINTER WONDERLAND: Enjoy THE BEST access to an acclaimed and extensive groomed snowmobile trail system surrounding Sun Valley and Grand lake.
Vacation in private homes next to Sun Valley Lake, adjacent to Rocky Mountain National Park and Arapahoe National Forest. Both the Cabin and Chateau at Sun Valley Ranch have modern kitchens, wood stoves, gas grills, and access to a private lake.
MOUNTAIN LOG CABIN: This 4-bedroom unit makes a comfortable get-away for large families or mixed groups. With stunning views of the Never Summers, it has plenty of space to stow gear and spend time together.
RUSTIC CHATEAU: One of the oldest structures on the historic Sun Valley Ranch, the 2-bedroom Chateau is charming with modern amenities, perfect for a small family or two couples. Sitting on Sun Valley Lake, it boasts some of the best views around!
Our homes are smoke/pet-free, thank you for respecting our next vacationers. There is abundant parking for trailers and nearby rentals making a vacation with us a sledder’s and off-roader's dream destination!
LOCATION: Sun Valley Ranch is two miles west of Highway 34, minutes from Grand Lake Village, the national park and forest.
DETAILS: To make reservations, check rates and availability, call 970-627-3670, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory for mid-week winter rates.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $175 to $350
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $1225 to $2450
- Multi-Night Stay Required: Always required, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 1
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with a Private Jetted Bath Tub: 1
- Units with Wood Stoves: 2
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 2
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 99
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: Some units.
- DVD Player in Units: All units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Elevation: 8700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Fax Machine: Available.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 12
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 18
- National Park OR Monument: Walking distance.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 8 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 5 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 8 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 10 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 8 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 8 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 90 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Marina: 8 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Paddle Shop: 8 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 30 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 8 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): Walking distance.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 30 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 8 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 8 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 8 minutes drive.
- Amusement Rides: 8 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 8 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: On site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 8 minutes drive.
- Sled/Tube Hill Equipment Available: 25 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: Walking distance.