Thunder Mountain Lodge - Modern Cabins, Snowmobile Tours & Rentals
|Visit our Web site|
OUR MODERN CABINS are surrounded by towering spruce trees. All of our mountain cabins have a full kitchen stocked with pots, pans, cooking utensils, plates, silverware, microwave, stove, oven, coffee maker, and toaster. Each cabin also has a bathroom with a shower. We provide all of your linens and towels. Cabins have varied sleeping arrangements. Some cabins have bunk beds to accommodate more people, and some have a queen bed with one or two futons that fold-out to a full size bed. We have three units with full beds and two two-bedroom units.
We also have a Community Pavilion with picnic tables and large fire pit.
ON AN ALL-WEATHER HIGHWAY within Grand Mesa National Forest, overlooking 2 sparkling blue trout filled mountain lakes. Thunder Mountain Lodge is your vacation home for fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and hunting.
We rent canoes, kayaks, hydro-bikes, snowshoes, and snowmobiles! Snowmobile tours for all ability levels are offered on-site! OVER 400 inches of snow falls on the Mesa each year. Experience Untracked, Uncrowded and Unbelievable riding!
Well-mannered pets are permitted in the cabins for an additional cost per night, per pet.
LOCATION: Take a beautiful 55-mile picturesque drive east of Grand Junction to Grand Mesa at 10,300 feet elevation. 16 miles north of Cedaredge; 1 mile south of Highway 65 on Forest Road 121. 20658 Baron Lake Drive, Cedaredge CO 81413.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-856-6240.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $110 to $180
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 12
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Fireplaces: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): snowshoes.
- Internet Access in Units: Most units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups. Military Personnel.
- Elevation: 10300 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Mesa Area - Northwest, Colorado
- Location: Away from Town, but close to a community convenience store and restaurant.
- Setting: Mountain views. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Wood Fireplace. Wood Stove. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- DVD Movie Library: 50
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 69
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- State Parks: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 3 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 20 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 20 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 3 minutes drive.
- Wine Tours OR Tasting: 20 minutes drive.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: 5 minutes drive.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: On site.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: On site.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 45 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 5 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 25 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Guided Hunts: Yes.
- Drop Camps: Yes.
- Rifle Hunting Season: Yes.
- Archery Hunting Season: Yes.
- Muzzle Loading Hunting Season: Yes.
- Bird Hunting (Turkey, Grouse, Pheasant): Yes.
- Deer Hunting: Yes.
- Elk Hunting: Yes.
- Bear Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Lion Hunting: Yes.
- Bighorn Sheep Hunting: Yes.
- Mountain Goat Hunting: Yes.
- Moose Hunting: Yes.
- Antelope Hunting: Yes.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 41, 52, 411, 421,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 20 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 15 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.