Twin Lakes Roadhouse Lodge and Cabins
|Visit our Web site www.twinlakescolorado.com|
The Roadhouse overlooks the glacial lakes; and, the Mt Elbert and Continental Divide trails. Clean mountain air, unspoiled beauty of the ancient Twin Lakes, and historic Twin Lakes Village, a unique Rocky Mountains paradise.
We are the ONLY AAA rated lodging in the area with cable TV, WI-FI, phones, and SPECTACULAR views.
HISTORIC CABINS: 2 Bedroom Log Bungalow, The Historic Carriage House and Swedes Studio with garden.
LODGE ROOMS: Elegant comfort, private baths, Queen PerfectSleepers, air-dried sheets.
Enjoy mornings in our covered dining area overlooking the lakes with fresh ground Vail Mountain Coffee and home-made cinnamon rolls. Enjoy our in-house Italian dinners, reservations requested.
LOCATION: Closest lodging to Mt Elbert Trailhead.
ADDRESS: 6411 Highway 82, Twin Lakes CO 81251.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-486-9345, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 5/15 to 10/15
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $96 to $185
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Lodge Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 5
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Rooms Children permitted: Yes
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: All units.
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 1
- Units with a Washer and Dryer: 1
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 150
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Elevation: 9200 feet above sea level.
- Region: Buena Vista Area - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Leadville & Twin Lakes Area - North Central, Colorado
- Location: In Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 20
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 21
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Forests & BLM Lands: Walking distance.
- State Parks: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: On site.
- Ghost Town: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 20 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 20 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: On site.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: Walking distance.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: Walking distance.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Fly Shop: Walking Distance.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: Walking distance.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 20 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 5 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 15 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 20 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 20 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Tourist Train Rides: 20 minutes drive.
- Mine Tours: 20 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 20 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 20 minutes drive.