Twin Rivers Cabins and RV Park
|Visit our Web site|
Camp at Twin Rivers Cabins & RV Park at the border of Colorado and New Mexico; a 5-hour drive from Denver, and a scenic 1-hour drive to Taos, Red River, and Chama, New Mexico.
Fish along the Conejos River, a five minute walk from our 12 acre ranch. Camp Store with tackle and light groceries. Overnight boarding for your horse. Enjoy WI-FI throughout our entire campground and inside the cabins.
MOUNTAIN CABINS: Small, medium, large mountain cabins with kitchens and country decor. Amenities include: Dish TV, linens, dishes, utensils and an outdoor barbecue and picnic table. Three of the cabins are across the creek with their own separate driveway.
FALL ELK HUNTING SEASON: Our cabins are open allowing you to hunt in units 80 & 81.
CAMP SITES: The open meadow is bordered by shade trees and serves as our RV Park with 38 full hookups, and 8 tent sites. Clean shower house and laundry in an enclosed pavilion.
Rent the covered wagon for a real western experience.
GREAT FOR SMALL FAMILY REUNIONS! Screened in pavilion with stove, sink, and large dining area with tables. May, June and September are the best months to have a reunion, as we can give your family the individualized attention you deserve.
LOCATION: Five miles West of Antonito and the Cumbres and Toltec Railroad historic depot along Highway 17 in the village of Mogote.
ADDRESS: 34044 State Highway 17, Antonito CO 81120
John and Katherine welcomes you!
PLANNING A LATE APRIL OR EARLY MID-NOVEMBER GET-A-WAY; PLEASE CALL FIRST TO SEE IF THE WEATHER ALLOWS US TO BE OPEN.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 719-376-5710; fax 719-376-5954, mention the Colorado Vacation Directory.
- Lodging Open Dates: 4/15 to 11/30
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $79 to $99
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $474 to $594
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 8
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 7
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Groups.
- Camping Open Dates: 4/1 to 11/30
- Along a Highway: Easy access for quick and convenient RVing along Interstate or State Highways.
- Call for Winter Camping Dates.
- Tent Camping Rates: $18 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $27 to $30 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $2. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $2.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $149.00 to $169.00 for two people.
- Monthly RV Site Rates (Electricity Included) On-Season: Range from $325.00 to $350.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 38
- Tent Sites: 8
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 46
- Full Hookups: 38 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 14 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 35 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 11
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 38
- Separate Group Camping Area: Yes
- Elevation: 8000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Alamosa - South Central, Colorado
- Region: Antonito - South Central, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Country feel.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- BBQ Grills (individual use): Yes
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes and serving utensils. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for additional fee or deposit. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on site.
- Vet Services: 15 minutes drive.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Fenced Pasture: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: Public payphones.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 40
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 50
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 34
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 46
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 10 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 15 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 5 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 20 minutes drive.
- Casino Gambling: 60 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 30 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 2 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 10 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 10 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Amusement Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 81, 80,