Water Wheel Inn
|Click Here for Reservations & Availability Information|
Vacation surrounded by the natural beauty of trees and ponds with large, luxuriously furnished rooms. Most rooms have mini-refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers. Our second floor rooms have balconies overlooking Dos Rios Golf Course or our courtyard.
We offer 52 spacious rooms, including 3 suites, with either 1 king bed or 2 queen beds. All of our rooms have cable TV and a movie channel, and FREE WI-FI. The 3 suites have fully equipped kitchens.
ON-SITE AMENITIES: Barbecue grills and picnic tables. A meeting room for celebrations of 15 people. Exercise room with a 5 station weight machine and hot tub. Cribs are available at no extra charge. Complimentary hot continental breakfast. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing right from our property on the adjoining golf course.
LET'S TALK GUNNISON: An excellent restaurant is next door. Adjacent to Dos Rios Golf Course an 18-hole public course. The Hartman Rocks Recreation area is only a few minutes away for many outdoor activities such as mountain biking, hiking, and horseback riding. Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Stay here and ski Mt. Crested Butte and Monarch ski areas, we are between both world class ski resorts.
PLAY and STAY PACKAGES: Guided ice-fishing packages on Blue Mesa Reservoir, Colorado's largest body of water. Winter Ski Packages available.
LOCATION: Two miles west of Gunnison on Highway 50; 37478 Highway 50, Gunnison CO 81230.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-1650.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $89 to $155
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $225 to $375
- Monthly Rates Available: Yes, call for details.
- Off-season rates available, call for information.
- About Smoking: Most non smoking units. Smoking units available.
- Motel/Hotel Rooms with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Motel/Hotel Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 49
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Most units.
- Adjoining rooms/units: Some units.
- Air Conditioning: All units.
- Units with King Beds: Some units.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: All units.
- Type of Reception: Cable.
- Number of Channels: 62
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: Some units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Seniors. Groups.
- Elevation: 7700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Country feel. Ranch setting. In a Golf Course Community.
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Indoor Hot Tub or Spa. Wood Stove. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills. Fitness Equipment. Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Spa Services: On-site for an additional fee, call for prices and availability.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: All Dogs are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit.
- Your Pet is Treated as a VIP: Yes.
- Kennel (sitting service for your pet) Available: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Pet Park (leash free zone): On site.
- Vet Services: Walking Distance (within 1 block).
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Horse Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Phone: In private rental units.
- Television: Available.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 25
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 25
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- Printer Connected to Computer: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Conference Center: Meeting room with tables and chairs can be set up class room style. Some A/V equipment available for seminars. Call for more details.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 15
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 60
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: 10 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 15 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: Along the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 2 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 5 minutes drive.
- Public Rec Center: 2 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: Walking distance.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Movie Theater: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 5 minutes drive.
- Outlet/Mall Shopping: 10 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): Walking distance.
- Internet Cafe: 5 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: Walking distance.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 10 minutes drive.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Marina: 15 minutes drive.
- Fly Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 15 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 5 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Designated Whitewater Park (Kayak, Canoe): 3 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): 25 minutes drive.
- Jeep Trails: 10 minute drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Rentals: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: 30 minute drive (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- 4-Wheel Drive Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: 10 minute drive.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: 5 minute drive.
- ATV Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Historic/Cultural Tours: 30 minute drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Bike Path: 15 minutes drive.
- Bicycle Shop: 5 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 30 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 5 minutes drive.
- Mini Golf: 5 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 40 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: 15 minutes drive.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 54, 55, 66, 67,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 35 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 5 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Walking distance to trailhead.
- Ice Fishing: 10 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Snowmobile Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Tours: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 5 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 2 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 2 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: On site.