Waunita Hot Springs Ranch
|Email Waunita Hot Springs Ranch Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
Waunita Hot Springs Ranch is high in the Colorado Rockies at 8,946 feet just 10 miles west of the Continental Divide. We provide our guest with comfortable and cozy accommodations.
OUR MAIN LODGE: Cozy rooms with private baths and either queen, doubles or bunk beds (for kids). Most baths include tub/shower.
FAMILY REUNION and WEDDINGS: For small events rent the entire Hillside Lodge with 2 sections of four rooms. Every room comes with a private bath, most have tub/shower. For larger occasions, you may reserve the ranch; sleeping accommodations 50 guests, outdoor activities 100+, and indoors 80.
CATERING SERVICES AVAILABLE: Our emphasis in the kitchen is made from scratch wholesome, fresh, and tasty meals.
WAUNITA'S POOL and SPA -- Imagine having a heated pool and spa with room for those who want to float, those who want to swim, those who want to soak, and those who want to play. At Waunita Hot Springs Ranch, we offer a 35 foot wide by 90 foot long pool -- one of the largest private swimming pools in all of Colorado -- and it's completely fed by the natural hot springs. This means no matter the outside temperature we're able to keep the pool nice and soothing, typically about 100 degrees with the tub around 105. After a day of riding, hiking or whatever your activity, you'll find the pool a popular place.
ATVING and SNOWMOBILING: We encourage guests to bring their own ATVs and Snowmobiles to ride the hundreds of miles of forest roads that are accessible just beyond our gate. Road 763 travels north over Waunita Pass and to the mountain town of Pitkin; this trail connects to Hancock and Black Sage Pass Trails. Reserve a RAZR ATV excursion in summer and fall. We also have a few RAZR’s that guests may rent.
LOCATION: 27 miles east of Gunnison off Highway 50; 8007 County Road 887, Gunnison CO 81230.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-641-1266.
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Please call for rates, thank you.
- Lodge Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 22
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Internet Access in Units: All units.
- Internet Access at No Additional Fee: Through Wi-Fi wireless.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages
- Elevation: 9000 feet above sea level.
- Region: Gunnison - Southwest, Colorado
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Ranch setting.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Outdoor Hot Tub. Wood Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills.
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard.
- Pets in Lodging: Some pets are allowed in private rental units. There may be a fee or a deposit. Make advance arrangements
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: On site.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: 5 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Phone: In common area.
- Television: Available.
- Big Screen TV: Available.
- Wide Screen TV: Available.
- Reception: Satellite.
- VCR: Available.
- VCR Movie Library: 50
- DVD Player: Available.
- DVD Movie Library: 50
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
- PC with Internet Access: Available.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Weddings. Elopements. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Central Picnic Area with BBQ Grills: Yes
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 60
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 200
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 60
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
- Your Host will Provide Wedding Planning Help: Yes
- National Park OR Monument: 60 minutes drive.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: On site.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 30 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 30 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: 20 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Museum: 30 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: On site.
- Family Hot Mineral Springs Pool: On-site.
- Golf Course: 30 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 30 minutes drive.
- Internet Cafe: 30 minutes drive.
- Stocked Fishing Pond: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: On site.
- Guided Fishing Trips (Licensed): Wade Fishing. Float Fishing. Lake Fishing.
- Fly Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Whitewater Rafting Office/Pickup point: 60 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Horse Rides with a Wrangler (Open Range): On site.
- Horse Riding Lessons: On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- Jeep Tours: On site (off road, back-country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: On site.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 551,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 45 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Tours: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 30 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (outdoor) Skates Available: 30 minutes drive.
- Ice Skating (indoor) Skates Available: 30 minutes drive.