Winding River Resort Village: A Family Destination
|Email Winding River Resort Village: A Family Destination Directly|
|Visit our Web site|
|Winding River Resort Village: A Family Destination Location Map|
Bordering Rocky Mountain National Park -- Making Family Memories Since 1972
Accommodations at Winding River Resort include cabins, lodge rooms and 150 spacious RV and tent sites in the Colorado mountains. Our 160 wooded acres is along the North Fork of the Colorado River, bordering Rocky Mountain National Park and the Arapahoe National Forest, offers you limitless beauty and recreation. Don't be surprised if you see elk, deer, moose or other forest animals -- just have your Smartphone or camera ready! FREE WI-FI.
RESORT AMENITIES: Fish, Disk golf, chuckwagon breakfasts and suppers, and more. New restroom and shower building. One camping unit per site, please.
RESORT ACTIVITIES: Daily 1 or 2 hour trail rides; and pony rides, chuckwagon breakfast in summer on weekends, hay rides, sleigh rides; and On The Trail Rentals: ATVs, UTVs and Snowmobiles.
FAMILY REUNIONS: We are perfect place for your gathering or family reunion in Colorado's Rocky Mountains. There is something for everyone! Chuckwagon dinner by reservation for groups of 30 or more.
STAY WITH YOUR HORSE -- CAMP SITES WITH PENS: 10 spacious shaded horse/camp sites each with their own 16'x32' pen. We also have five 16'x24' barn runs for those staying in our lodge rooms and cabins. In addition there are six runs near campsites. Ride from here directly adjacent to 250 miles of trails in Rocky Mountain National Park and 130 miles of trails in Arapaho National Forest.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: North of Grand Lake. Take US 34 to Kawuneeche Visitor Center turn west on County Road 491, go 1-1/2 miles.
LOCATION: 1447 Road 491, Grand Lake CO 80447.
MAILING ADDRESS: PO Box 629, Grand Lake CO 80447.
DISCOUNTS: GoodSam, AAA, FMCA.
For Current Rates and Availability; To Make Your Reservations: 970-627-3215; Denver 303-623-1121; 800-282-5121, mention The Colorado Vacation Directory.
On The Trail Rentals RENT at the trailhead near Grand Lake and National Park! Unguided and guided snowmobiling on 130 miles of groomed trails. In summer the trails are great ATV and UTV Trails. Start your adventure here!
- Lodging Open Dates: All Year
- Nightly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $120 to $345
- Weekly Lodging Rates On-Season: Range from $756 to $2174
- Multi-Night Stay Required: During holidays and special events, please call for details.
- About Smoking: All non-smoking units.
- Cabins/Cottages with Cooking Facilities: 3
- Vacation Homes or Guest Houses: 1
- Camper Cabins/Yurts Outdoor Cooking: 4
- Lodge Rooms without Cooking Facilities: 2
- Microwave and Mini Fridge Only: Some units.
- Adjoining rooms/units: None.
- Air Conditioning: None.
- Units with King Beds: None.
- Units with Queen Beds: Most units.
- Units with Wood Stoves: 1
- Units with Gas/Electric-Log Fireplaces: 2
- Additional Amenities (ask about availability): Coffee Maker with coffee.
TECHNOLOGY IN UNITS
- Units with TV: Some units.
- Type of Reception: Satellite.
- Number of Channels: 60
- TV Screen 32" or Larger: All units.
- Front Panel A/V Inputs for Video Games and Digital Camera: All units.
- Specialty Discounts (call for availability): Stay & Play Packages Military Personnel.
- Camping Open Dates: 5/25 to 9/30
- Tent Camping Rates: $37 a night for two people.
- RV Camping Rates: Range from $47 to $52 a night for two people.
- Additional Person Rate: Adult: $5.00. Kids free under the age of 5. Kids: $5.00.
- Weekly RV Camping Rates On-Season: Range from $233.00 to $328.00 for two people.
- RV Sites: 107
- Tent Sites: 43
- Separate Tenting Area: Yes
- Total Sites: 150
- Electric & Water Hookups: 66 sites with electric and water only.
- Full Hookups: 40 sites with water, electric and sewer.
- 50 Amp Hookups: 90 sites with 50 amp electrical service.
- Long RV Sites 45+ Feet: 68 RV sites are 45 feet or longer.
- Pull-Thru Sites: 23
- RV Sites Wide Enough for Slideout(s): 60
- Elevation: 8700 feet above sea level.
- Region: Grand Lake - North Central, Colorado
- Map Location: Property Location Map
- Location: Close to Town.
- Setting: Mountain views. Waterfront setting along a river, stream or creek. Waterfront setting beside a lake, reservoir or pond. Adjoins public lands. Country feel. Forested. Ranch setting.
- OPEN Campfires (individual use): Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Meals Regularly Served: Breakfast.
- On-Property in Central Area for Guests to Use: Gas OR Electric-Log Fireplace. Central Area for OPEN Campfires. (If no local fire bans are active.) Laundry Area (washers and dryers).
- Kid's Play Structure: On site.
- Wagon/Hay Rides: On site.
- Credit Cards: Visa Card. MasterCard. Discover Card. American Express.
- Pets in Lodging: Sorry, NO pets are allowed in private rental units.
- Pets at Campground & RV Park: Pets are allowed at campsites for no additional cost. Well-behaved dogs or cats are allowed on a leash outdoors while their owners are on-site.
- Guest's Horses Welcome (call for availability): You may bring your horse for an additional fee or deposit.
- Individual Horse Run/Pen: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trailer Parking: On site.
- Grain/Hay: Available for an additional fee or deposit.
- Horse Trails: Trails start on site.
TECHNOLOGY FOR GUESTS TO USE IN A COMMON AREA
- Fax Machine: Available with an additional fee.
- WI-FI Wireless Internet: Available free.
GROUPS REUNIONS AND WEDDINGS
- Groups Welcome: Club. Corporate. Reunion. Youth group with adult leaders. Retreat.
- Group Meeting Area: Indoor room and outdoor area.
- Central Area for OPEN Campfires: Yes. (If no local fire bans are active.)
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Indoor Meeting Room: 80
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in COVERED Outdoor Picnic Area: 75
- Maximum # of Day-Use Guests in Outdoor Open Picnic Area: 80
- Maximum # of Lodging Guests with a Group: 40
- Maximum # of Camping Sites with a Group: 100
- Your Host will Cater or Arrange Meals with Advance Arrangements: Yes
FUN THINGS TO DO
PRIMARILY YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- National Park OR Monument: Walking distance.
- National Forests & BLM Lands: 2 minutes drive.
- Designated Historic District, Site or Plaza: 8 minutes drive.
- Designated Scenic/Historic Byway: 3 minutes drive to the scenic byway.
- Designated Hiking Trails: Trails start on site.
- Museum: 8 minutes drive.
- Hot Mineral Springs: 30 minutes drive.
- Golf Course: 5 minutes drive.
- Art Gallery: 8 minutes drive.
- Restaurant(s): 8 minutes drive.
PRIMARILY SUMMER ACTIVITIES
- Fishing in River, Stream or Creek: On site.
- Fishing in Lake, Reservoir or Pond: 8 minutes drive.
- Marina: 8 minutes drive.
- Fishing Tackle Sold: On site.
- Fly Shop: 20 minutes drive.
- Boat Rentals: Canoe, Raft, Row, Paddle &/or Motor: 8 minutes drive.
- Paddle Shop: 8 minutes drive.
- Kayaking Rentals: 8 minutes drive.
- Horseback Trail Rides (Guided): On site.
- Jeep Trails: Trails start on site. (off road, back country, 4WD, Jeep, or jeeping).
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and/or Dirt Bike Rentals: On site.
- ATV Sales & Services: 8 minutes drive.
- Tourist Train Rides: 90 minutes drive.
- Mountain Bike Trails: Trails start on site.
- Bicycle Shop: 8 minutes drive.
- Waterfall Trails: 10 minutes drive to trailhead.
- Performing Arts Theatre: 8 minutes drive.
- Chairlift/Gondola/Tram Rides: 30 minutes drive.
- Hunting in Area: Walking distance.
- Colorado Hunting Units/Areas: 28, 18,
- Downhill/Snowboarding Ski Area: 30 minutes drive.
- Cross Country Skiing Trails: Trails start on site.
- Ski/Snowboard Equipment Rentals: 30 minutes drive.
- Snowshoe Trails: Trails on site.
- Ice Fishing: 8 minutes drive.
- Snowmobile Trails: Trails start on site.
- Snowmobile Rentals: On site.
- Snowmobile Sales & Services: 8 minutes drive.
- Sleigh Rides: On site.